CHAPTER 19 - White Carnation

9:00 pm. I was in my room, sitting on my bed with my head down low.

"Mija is everything okay?" Abuela said, standing by the door. "Oh yes um I was just thinking." I answered.

"You're afraid." She sat next to me. "A-afraid?" I stuttered.

"Si, you're afraid of leaving everything behind." She said, looking at me. "Well yeah maybe I am afraid of leaving and when I come back it will all be gone." I replied.

She took a deep breath. "If you're afraid then why won't you tell your mom."

"I can't, mom wants me to go with her and it's okay cause it's just 4 months. Besides, I told her I'm okay with it and I just want her to be happy." I replied.

"Hmm okay." She looked at me. "There's still something you're not telling me." She added.

Sighs. "There's this boy, I-I kinda....like him."

"Then what's stopping you? Talk to him." Abuela said. "I can't. I-It's hard cause there's this girl and she told me to stay away from him cause she likes him, but I like him too." I gabbled.

"Mija you know, sometimes in life, we make people happy. But you can't make people happy if you're going to be hurt." She said, patting my back. "I remember your abuelo, he always makes me happy. He doesn't stop until he doesn't see a smile on my face because his happiness is me and he wants his happiness to be happy too. That's why I want you to be happy too. Tell him what you feel about him, cause in the end there's always regret." She smiled.

"Hmm, you're right. Thanks Abuela." I said, she was holding my hand. "I love you mija." She kissed my head. "I love you too abuela." She went out.

"Oh and abuela, thank you, I really needed that talk." I said. "You know I'll always be there for you. Now go to sleep, it's getting late." She smiled. I smiled back

MORNING

I felt good after talking with abuela. My mind was fresh, I wasn't thinking that much but I was thinking that I should talk to Camilo and tell him how I truly feel before I go away.

"Good Morning!" I greeted them. They were not in a mood. That's weird. "Where's abuela by the way?" I asked, getting a glass of water.

"y/n I- we have something to tell you." Dad said, holding my hand.

"What is it? Why do you guys look depressed, is there something wrong?"

"It's abuela she...."

"She what? Where is she." I let go of his hand. "She passed in her sleep last night.... She was on the ground when I saw her."

"W-what, w-hen, how??? I was just talking to her last night...." A tear almost fell. I couldn't believe what he said. "Where is she?" I asked, panicking. "She's at Señora Maria's house. They're still checking on mama." Dad said. "We were waiting for you so that you can also come with us there." Tears were falling, heart beats faster, and I felt dizzy.

We went there. I saw abuela laying on the bed. I held her hand, it was cold as ice. Tears were starting to fall again. I looked at her and smiled. Papa looked like her, I can see the resemblance. I started thinking about last night, I didn't realize that she was saying goodbye to me, the words she said, the advice she told me. She knew that she was going to die. It was her time. God already took her.

I looked at my mom and dad. They were talking to Señora Maria. They look sad and hurt. Mom started crying, she hugged my dad. That's when I knew she was gone. Gone in our lives. All I could do was look and smile at her.

"Hey honey, so um we might delay our trip since abuela...." Mom said, having tears falling down her cheeks. "I understand ma." I replied. She gave me a smile. "Your abuela was like a mother to me too. She treated me like her own." She said, wiping her tears. "Your father and I decided that the funeral will be held tomorrow." She added. "Okay." I replied.

We went home. It felt weird when she wasn't there. Her yarn and knitting stuff was on the counter. I couldn't stop thinking about abuela.

"Hey kid, you alright?" Abuelo said. He spoke? "Uh- yeah I'm fine abuelo." I answered. He was standing beside me, looking at her stuff. "I know it's hard. I went through the same thing." He said. "Really? What happened to your abuela?" I asked, looking at him. "No, it was my wife. She passed away when your mom was born. She didn't made it. I was the only one who took care of your mother. I missed her. It was hard raising a kid on your own. But I didn't replace her. I loved her. I kept her promise." Abuelo said. It was so sad. I didn't knew what happened to my other abuela. "What was her promise?" I asked . "She said, '' Promise me you'll take care of our baby and love her with your whole heart." He answered. I hugged him. We both needed a hug.

I went to find a flower. A White Carnation. So I can put it at Abuela's grave. I couldn't find any. But there's a way I can get one. Isabella. I went up to her quietly so no one could see me, especially Camilo.

"Hey...Isabela" I said, she was arranging the flowers beside the house. "Oh hey y/n, what brings you here?" She replied. "I- um I was wondering if you can make a white carnation...?" I smiled awkwardly. "Yes, of course." She said with a sweet smile. "A white carnation hmmm, sweet, lovely, purity, luck, and deep sorrow.... Y/n is something wrong?" She asked. "Oh um it's my abuela sh-she passed away last night." I responded. "Oh my gosh y/n I'm so sorry. This must've been so hard for you. I hope you're doing okay." She said, touching my hands.

"It's okay, I'm doing fine. Thank you and for the flowers too." I smiled. "No worries, when's the funeral?" She replied.

"Um tomorrow, I see my dad hasn't told you guys yet but he will, maybe later, to your family too." I smiled and she smiled back.

As I was walking home, Someone called me.

"Y/n!!!" It was Camilo. Damn it. "Hey."

"Oh hey Camilo." I said, trying to hide the flower. "Is that a flower?" He asked. "Oh um yeah it is." I answered. "Who gave you that?" He asked, looking at the flower.

"Uhhh, I-it was M-Miguel." I said with an awkward smile on my face. I didn't say that on purpose, it just came out of my mouth. I don't know why. "Oh Miguel." He said. "Yeah he did, it was so sweet of him." I said, avoiding eye contact. "Well, I'll see you around, I don't want Gloria to see us talking." I chuckled. "Bye." I went straight to walking. I took a deep breath.

SOBBING AND PUNCHING THE AIR RN

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER DOESN'T HAVE TOO MUCH CAMILO IN IT, IM SO SORRY

OHMYGOSHHH 6K READS, TYSM FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT <333

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :))