CHAPTER 14 - Déjà Vu (part 2)

"y/n...." she said.

"Yeah?" I replied

"Can I ask you something?" she asked

"Yeah sure what is it?"

"Do you like.....Camilo?"

"What no....." I said

"Oh um ok, but can I ask you one favor?"

"Uhh.. of course." I answered

"Can you um.... Stay away from him...." She said with a low voice

"What, why?"

"It's just that I finally found someone who thinks I'm not perfect, cause everybody thinks I'm the smart and the pretty girl here. I've fallen for Camilo. I just don't want him to fall for you. I can see how he looks and talks to you. The way he dances with you earlier. So please." She said.

I wanted to scream at her but.... I understand her. I like Camilo but she loves him.

"Okay. I-I'm sorry you feel that way." I said. She went and hugged me. "Thank you." She whispered.

"I gotta go." I said, going outside.

"y/n!" Mom shouted.

"Ma, I've been looking all over for you." I said.

"Y/n, there's something I have to say." She said, her face was serious. Wind rushing. "I know this isn't the perfect or a good time to say this."

"What is it?"

"While I was in Mexico, I- I found a guy. He's kind, smart, funny, and charming too. Then, I fell in love with him. We both fell in love." She said, holding my shoulder.

"You do?" I said, my voice cracking. A tear almost fell. There were so many things happening.

"Yes. I did. His name is Pedro." She said smiling.

I smiled back. "I'm so happy for you mama." I hugged her. I was ok with her having a boyfriend.

"So.. you're not mad?" She said, still hugging me.

"No."

"Well, he wants to see you." She said,

I let go of the hug. "How? Is he going here?" She didn't respond. I knew it.

"We're moving aren't we?" I said.

"Mija, I know this is hard fo-"

"It's okay. I understand." I said, cutting off my mom.

"Thank you mi amor. Don't worry you'll be staying with us for only 4 months. We leave tomorrow." She hugged me. I felt sad and hurt. Atleast my mom was happy. I was also happy for her.

I went and walked outside. I think and I think till my head hurts. Then I bumped into someone

"Mirabel?" I said.

"Oh my gosh you're here. I have something to say. I- I'll be going with my mom to Mexico for 4 months to meet her new boyfriend and me and Gloria had a deal that I won't come any closer to Camilo or talk to him cause Gloria was getting jealous. But don't tell Camilo I'm avoiding or ignoring him because of Gloria " I said. I was like rapping. I was gasping for air. "I'm sorry but I'll talk to you later. I'll come back after 30 minutes. 10:30."

CAMILO'S POV:

I pretended to be Mirabel cause Gloria couldn't stop talking to me. I also went to find y/n. Then I bumped into her. She said random things. It was so fast, she said about moving and ignoring me because of Gloria...???? I was shocked and furious at the same time. Why???