CHAPTER 4 - Flowers

I kept thinking that night, staring into the ceiling. Windows open, wind rushing inside. It was cold.

It was finally morning. I went to pick up some flowers outside to put them in a vase. Bonica roses. Gathered them in my basket.

I Went to the bakery shop to help papa deliver bread and pastries, even though I'm on a day off.

While delivering pastries with my basket to the town, I heard a someone. "y/n!" I looked back and saw Camilo running towards me.

"Hey.... y/n..."  Camilo said, gasping for air.

"Oh hey, um what are you doing here?" I said while smiling awkwardly.

He then gives me a flower. A Gloxinia.

"A flower?" I asked with a little smile on my face

"Yeah, for you" He answered while still gasping for air.

"Thanks" I said with a smile and a little confusion on my face.

I knew what the flower meant. It was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT... Does he know flower language? I thought. Or he probably just saw it and picked it up and gave it to me.

"So? What are you doing here?" I repeated

"Well we're going to hang out, you said Yeah sure." He shapeshifted into me, copying what I said last night.

"And by the way Mirabel isn't here with you, so.... I can take Mirabel's place."

I chuckled "Well what are we going to do then?" I said with a smirk

"What do you want to do?" Camilo asked.

"Hmm...Just walk, I have to deliver these pastries, you can come with me" I said while walking, him also following me.

"Okay then" Camilo raised his eyebrows, following me.

We started talking about random stuff like what are our likes and dislikes. I even said that I lived in Mexico with my mom and abuelo before. He was very talkative and funny too.

While walking with him, I felt something different. I was looking at him while he was talking. I noticed that he has really nice eyes.... His freckles around his nose. I could stare at it all day until he said "y/n? Are you ok?" I was frozen for 5 seconds. I didn't know what to say.

"I-I'm fine" I said snapping back to reality, looking down to avoid eye contact.

"You were staring at me..." Camilo said

"NO... What... I'm not" I said immediately

He just chuckled

After delivering pastries, I decided to give The Madrigals some pastries since they were really kind to me. As we walk headed to the Madrigals, we see a group of girls fangirling and saying hi to Camilo.

"¡Hola Camilo!" The girls shouted in unison with a sweet voice.

"Hola" Camilo smirked, looking at the girls.

As Camilo continued walking, facing forward, "Wow, I guess people really admired the CAMILO MADRIGAL" I said, imitating him.

"Ha ha ha.. Really funny" he said with a bored face.

"You know, I know this girl, she's really kind and pretty too.." I said, like suggesting her to him.

"Who is she?" He asked

"Her name is Gloria... Gloria Sanchez." I answered

The moment I answered Camilo, I saw Miguel, feeding the donkeys.