CHAPTER 8 - Falling for You

December 24.... Christmas Eve.

Everybody was preparing for laters Noche Buena. My dad didn't open the bakery today. We decided to prepare for later.

Someone was knocking...

"Y/n can you get the door?" Papa said while helping mama cook.

"Yeah sure." I answered.

It was Mirabel. She handed us an invitation for later.

"Hi y/n, I was just giving away invitations around town. Abuela wanted to invite the whole town for Christmas Eve." Mirabel said "I hope you and your family can come. It would be fun, ''she added.

"Oh yeah we can go." I said

"Great!!! I'll see you later." Mirabel shrieked.

"I'll see you too..." I said.

I immediately went to mom and dad.

"Who was at the door mija?" Mom said.

"It was Mirabel, she gave us an invitation for later. The whole town is going to come." I answered.

"Oh that's great, we can come and meet them. I can also meet the boy that you are talking about." Mom said

"Ma pleaseeee..." I said. She literally can't stop.

I rushed to my room. Mom was going to see Camilo... I panicked. She was going to embarrass me again, just like the time when I invited a boy over, he was just a friend, mom made 5 dishes just for him! Calm down... I'll just talk to mom and tell her not to act crazy or......I could just take Camilo away from her. YES THAT'S A GOOD IDEA.

*knocks*

It was abuela. Holding a white embroidered floral dress.

"H-hey abuela..." I stuttered.

"I made this dress for you, wear it." She said,

My jaw dropped. It was PERFECT. The dress was sooo lovely. Wow, my abuela is really good at making dresses.

"Wow... Abuela. This is perfect, am I going to wear this later? I asked.

"Well, if you li-"

"I love it!! Yes I'll wear it." I said cutting off abuela, hugging her.

"Thank you abuela," I said.

She smiled at me as she went outside.

I came downstairs, everyone was looking at me. "Ay you're so grown up already mi amor." Mom said squishing me real tight.

"I can already picture me walking you down the aisle." Dad said, patting my head.

"Pa!!!" I said

It was 8:00 pm. People were walking towards the Madrigals house. As we got in there, I was looking for someone. Mom and Dad were talking with some people. So, I decided to sneak away from them. Gloria was there, even Miguel... I can't find Camilo, he usually entertains the guests but I couldn't see him. I suddenly bumped into Gloria.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" I said

"Hey y/n, it's okay," She said.

"Have you seen Camilo?" We both said in unison.

OH NO.

"Uh- I'm sorry I was just gonna tell him somethi-"

"y/n..you don't have to set us up. We're fine now" She said, cutting me off.

WHAT... I wasn't going to talk to Camilo just to say something about Gloria...

"Uh- well okay, I'm going to go now and uh by the way you look pretty." I said in a rush, seeing Camilo with Señora Pepa and my mom.