CHAPTER 23 - Something About You

THE NEXT MORNING

I was at the bakery, helping mom and dad deliver pastries. Then Señora Maria went to me.

"Good Morning y/n!" She greeted me. "Oh good morning Señora." I greeted her back. "May I help you?" I asked. "I was wondering if you can babysit Carlos today." She answered. "Yeah sure, I can babysit him." I replied.

Carlos is Señora Maria's son. He's 5 years old. I babysat him before and sometimes... he can be rough. Running around and being annoying. That's alright cause he's a kid.

"Ay, Gracias y/n. I'll be back at 1:00 pm." She said, holding my shoulder.

"Hey Carlos, follow me." I said. "We'll be staying home!" I said to mom and dad, leaving the bakery. When we arrived home, I let him play with some of his toys. Then I heard a knock. Probably Mirabel.

It was Camilo...

"H-hey." I stuttered. I forgot about him and we were supposed to hang out. "Hi." He hands me an anemone flower. Hmmm. "So are you ready?" He asked. "Uh I'm sorry I can't, I'm babysitting Carlos, Señora Maria's son." I answered. "Oh that's fine, I can help you babysit." He went inside. Um.

He was playing with him. I was just watching them both. "Since you guys are getting along so well, I'll just go to the library and get something." I said. "Can we come with you?" Carlos said. "Uh-"

"Yeah, can we go?" Camilo said. They both gave me puppy eyes. "Fine." I rolled my eyes.

We were going to the library. Carlos was on Camilo's back. They were having so much fun. I guess Camilo is just really good with kids. (LIKE THIS BTW)

Finally, at the library

Finally, at the library. We sat at a table. 

"Here, you can read this

"Here, you can read this. It's all about nature and animals." I gave Carlos a book. "Reading? But reading is boring." He said. "No, it's not. It can help you. It also has pictures in it." I said. "Fine." He gave a bored expression.

"You read too much." Camilo said. "I like reading. You should read too. Here." I gave him a book. "It's one of my favorite books."

"A flower book?" He asked, with a bored expression. "Trust me, it's good." I smiled.

CAMILO'S POV:

It was quiet, except for Carlos, he was reading his book out loud. Y/n was reading.

I looked at her and it occurred to me how beautiful her smile was. I heard music in your laughter. You asked me why I had that look on my face, as though a shadow had fallen across its sun-drenched landscape, heavy with premonition, dark with revelation. The second I tried to tell myself I wasn't in love was the moment I realized I was.

BACK TO y/n's POV:

I can see him reading the book. Is he enjoying it?

After reading at the library, I decided to head home. "We can go to my place, Carlos and Antonio can play." Camilo said.

"Uh-"

"Pleaseeeeeee" Carlos said. "Okay fine" I gave a bored expression.

As we were walking towards their house, Camilo kept playing with Carlos. It was sweet. Then Carlos gave me a flower. A Gardenia. I see Camilo at Carlos' back. He probably told Carlos to give me the flower. "Thank you Carlos. It's pretty" I smiled.

As we got in the house, Mirabel went to me and said. " Hey y/n what brings you here?"

"I am babysitting Carlos and he wants to play with Antonio." I answered. "Oh okay, and um." She looks at Camilo. Camilo was in the kitchen "Camilo is also babysitting Carlos." I replied. "That's great! Our plan is working."

"What plan?" Camilo asked. "N-nothing." Mirabel stuttered. "Okay." He walked away with a glass of water in his hand. Phew.

"Gloria was here earlier, she was looking for Camilo. But good thing you were with him." Mirabel whispered. "You know I should check on Carlos." I said. "Ok, I'll come with you." Mirabel replied. "

We went to Antonio's room where Carlos and Antonio were playing. "Do you remember the time when you spilled orange juice on me?" Camilo said, giving me a heart attack. He was behind me. "Oh my gosh, you scared me." I said. He chuckled. "Follow me, I wanna show you something." He said in a low whisper.

"I should go now." Mirabel said, walking to the door. "Mirabel wait." I whispered. It was too late. She was doing it on purpose.

I was following him. He led me to a hammock. There were lights around it. He laid on the hammock. "I always go here." He said. "It's cool." I replied. "Wanna do something fun?" He asked.

 "Wanna do something fun?" He asked

"What fun?"

"Maybe play with Antonio and Carlos..." He said.

"Hey, do you guys wanna do something fun?" He asked the two. "Yeah!" They shouted in unison. "Great, we'll swing on these vines." He said, holding the hanging vines. "What. No. No way." I said. "They're kids." I whispered. "It's fine. They'll land on grass." He said.

They went to the top of the tree. "I don't think this is a great idea.." I said. "Don't worry, It's fine. The vines are strong." He replied. He helped the two climb the hanging vines. "Weee...." Antonio said. Next was Carlos. This reminded me of Isabela. I remembered the time we were having fun.

Camilo was offering his hand. "What?" I asked. "Come, it's your turn." He said

"Wha- no. I am not doing that." I said, stepping backwards. "I'll be behind you." He said, calmly. I slowly held his hand.

"Here, put your right hand here and your left hand here. He lifted me up, holding my waist. I—-----------------

My stomach was doing it again aaaaaaaa.

Then he pushed me. Bruh

He laughed and I was screaming. 

HEYYYY 

I'M GLAD YOU GUYS ARE LIKING THIS <333

THIS CHAPTER DOESN'T HAVE ANY GLORIA IN IT ;))

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :)))