CHAPTER 32 - Moment of Truth

It's been a while, mom and Pedro have already left. I promised mom that I would look after and take care of my dad. I kept my promise.

Since Mom left, the house has been quiet. Without Abuela, the house felt empty.

It was Valentine's Day. Hmm.

I didn't want to leave the house. There were so many people. Having fun, flowers everywhere. I wasn't in the mood.

Dad asked, "Y/n, are you sure you don't want to come with me?" The door was closed

"I'm fine"

He said, "OK, then."

A few moments later, a rock hit my window.

I asked, "Mirabel?" I whispered, "What are you doing here?"

"At 3:00 p.m., meet me in the open field," she said.

"What? Why?"

She said, "Just go."

I decided to go outside after a while. There were lots of people. What's going on?

Then I see people dancing. Ahh.

"E-excuse me." I said as I was trying to get past the crowd.

I couldn't find my way out because I was lost. Ughhh. I shouldn't even be outside in the first place

Then I was pushed, bumping into someone.

"Oh gosh I'm so sor-"

"Y/n?"

"Camilo?"

Someone yelled, "Dance!"

"Uh-"

He asked, "So, wanna dance?"

"I don't-" He dragged me along with his hand on my wrist.

"Remember New Year's Eve?" he asked.

I yelled, "W-what? I can't hear you!"

"Will you dance with me?" he asked in a loud voice that I could hear.

"Look, I apologize for the-"

"Camilo?" Gloria came "I've been looking everywhere for y-" She looked at me.

He said, "I was just talking to Y/n."

"Oh, hi Y/n. It's nice to see you again, it's been a while, oh and by the way, I forgive you for what happened that time." Gloria said, holding onto Camilo's arm.

"Uh- I have to- um- go...." I said. "Excuse me"

"Y/n wait." He said.

Sighs. Are they....in love? Pfft Camilo would never be in love with a girl like her.....

I should've come with mom and get away from here.

3:00 PM

It was windy. I came out. I saw Mirabel handing roses to the people.

"Hey. Mirabel." I said.

"Oh hey."

"I thought we're going to meet at the open field?" I asked.

"I said that?"

"Yea-" I realized.....

"I- Nevermind." I said. "I'll see you later."

I went to the field. I saw him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Y/n! Good thing you came."

"Cut it out Camilo." I said. He shifted back to himself.

"You're smart, do you know that?" He said.

"What do you want?" I gave an annoyed face.

"Look, I'm sorry that I didn't believe you. It was stupid of me." He said.

"Yeah, it was very stupid of you." I replied.

"Can you forgive me?"

"Look, it's fine. Forget about it. I'm just happy that you and Gloria are doing well." I said. "Anyways, I have to go. I still have work to do." I turned my back.

"It's you. It was always you. Never Gloria....The second I tried to tell myself I wasn't into you was the moment I realized I was." He said.

I froze. Tried not to turn to him. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was afraid that you liked someone else..."

"No.. I don't" I said in a low whisper. I can't help but turn to him. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked.

"For forcing you into loving someone who you don't even love...." I said. "I was stupid too. We're both stupid for being blind that we can't even notice the things that we do for each other." I chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"It means that we both have the same feeling for one another. Just afraid to say it."