CHAPTER 16 - Talk To You

I woke up really late. I went down to eat breakfast. It's a New Year. sighs. Everything was packed. Wow, mom is really fast.

"Morning Mija." Papa said. "Morning guys." I replied, still having a sleepy look on my face. "Well there's something we need to tell you.." He said. "What is it?" I looked at him.

"We will be moving on January 4. It's becau-"

"That's great! I mean that's okay, it's fine." I exclaimed. "Okay, that's good to hear." She replied.

YES. I have more time here. I have to go to Mirabel and tell her.... After eating, I rushed outside and went to her.

"Mira...bel" I was gasping for her. "Oh hey y/n. I-"

"I have good news!" I exclaimed, cutting her off. "We will be moving on January 4 so that means I have 3 more days here." I said, holding her.

"Wait, what?" She responded. "I know right, I still have time to hang out with you before I leave." I said.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. What do you mean you're moving?"

"Haven't I told you last night?" I replied. "No, I didn't even see you last night..." She answered.

"Then who was I talking to?? *gasps*"

"You probably talked to Camilo. Ugh Camiloooo" She answered.

Shoot. If I didn't speak to Mirabel last night, then I....... told Camilo????? Calm down. Breathe.

"Y/n? Are you...okay?" She asked. "Yeah I-I'm fine"

"So... you're moving?"

"Yeah, my mom has a new boyfriend and he wants to see me."

"Oh, well I'm going to miss you.." She said, "You should have lunch with us! Since you're going away....forever....." She said, her smile fading away.

"What no, no, no. I'm not going away forever... I'll be staying there for only 4 months." I said, holding her shoulder.

"Well, okay then, I'll invite you for lunch." She said, "Wait, No- I-I mean, I can't cause.... My mom.... Is already preparing lunch for us..." I smiled awkwardly.

"Oh It's okay. I can invite you for dinner!" She exclaimed. "I can-"

"Please... So that my family knows that you're leaving." She gave me puppy eyes.

"Fine." I gave a bored expression and rolled my eyes on her. "Yay! Thank youuu. You can also invite your family too. Tell them to come over for dinner." "I'll see you later."

"I'll see you later." I said, having a worried face.... Camilo's going to be there. My parents are also going to be there. Don't panic. Don't panic. Just ignore him. That's it.

DINNER

We were walking towards their house. Mom brought a tray of lasagna. The door automatically opened and pushed us in. Woah.

"You guys came!" Mirabel said. "Yeah we even brought lasagna." I replied.

"Great! I'll tell abuela you're here." She said..... After a while.

"Good to see you!" Mirabel's abuela said.

"Abuela!" Papa exclaimed, hugging her.

"Where is your mom? g/n (grandmother's name)?" She asked. "Oh she's at home." Dad answered.

"Oh, I hope she's doing well." She said, "Don't worry, she is." Dad replied.

"Oh and this is my ex wife, m/n." He said. "Nice to meet you m/n." Mirabel's abuela said.

"Nice to meet you too Señora. We also brought lasagna." Mom said. "Oh, you didn't have to. Here Julieta can get that."

Everyone was setting up the table, I helped too.

"Everyone come down, our guests are here!" The abuela called them.

"Hey f/n. You wanna grab a drink later?" Señor Felix said. "Yeah. It's been a long time." Señor Agustin added. "Yeah sure. It has been a long time since I drinked." Dad responded.

I saw Camilo. Shoot. Just don't look at him..... I saw him. We made eye contact. Damn it. I looked away immediately.

We were finally at the table. I was sitting next to Mirabel and mom. In front of me was Camilo.

(IT LOOKS LIKE THIS BTW)

I was quiet. I didn't talk. Mom and dad did all the talking. I tried to glance at Camilo then I saw he was looking at me. I blushed. NO STOP BLUSHING.....He wasn't talking too. That's weird. I knew he knew about Gloria and the ignoring situation.

This is looking like a contest. Of who can act like they care less. But I liked it better when you were on my side.

CAMILO'S POV:

It was time for dinner but there were guests? It was y/n and her parents. What is y/n doing here? I thought they went away. At the same time, I was happy to see her. She still keeps ignoring me, avoiding me and she doesn't even bother to look at me...

I was sitting in front of her. I keep on looking at her. She didn't say a word the whole night.

I wish I could talk to you. Put my chair right up there next to you and talk to you

AFTER EATING DINNER

We haven't gone home yet. Dad was drinking beer with Señor Felix and Señor Agustin. And mom was talking with Señora Pepa and Señora Julieta. They said I can hang out with Mirabel.

"Hey I was wondering if you like a sleepover...?" Mirabel asked. "Oh yeah, a sleepover sounds fun." But then I realize I'm going to sleep on the same roof with Camilo..... "I-"

"Great, let's ask our parents." She grabbed my arm and dragged me to the kitchen, where mom and Señora Peppa and Julieta are.

Please say no, please say no.

"Hey mom and Señora m/n... I was wondering if y/n can sleepover?" Mirabel asked.

"Yeah sure honey, she can." Señora Julieta answered. PLEASE SAY NO MOM. "I mean she'll be away for months, sure you can. I'll just drop some of your clothes here." Mom added.

Sighs.

AGAIN TYSMMMM <33

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :))