CHAPTER 25 - Letting Him Go

THE NEXT MORNING

I still have Miguel's hat. I should probably give it back.

Hmm. I felt the wind in my hair. It was cold. Then I spotted Mirabel running towards me.

"Mirabel?" She was gasping for air. "Y/n ....Gloria...she...."

"What about her?" I asked. "She's having dinner with us again, with her family." She said in a high tone. Her eyes widened, shaking my body. "Abuela is setting them up." She exclaimed. I was just frozen. Was it too late?

"Look, I have to go and give this to Miguel first." I said, walking towards the farm. "I'll come with you." She replied.

Finally, at the farm. Mirabel kept talking and talking as we were walking. "Hey. I forgot about your hat. Here." I handed his hat. "Thanks." He saw Mirabel. "Aren't you the girl who talked to me on New Years?" He asked Mirabel.

Mirabel gasped. "I remembered." She exclaimed. "Camilo likes you!!!" She shrieked.

"W-what?" I stuttered. "He danced with you, remember? He told me to distract Miguel so he can dance with you..." She added. "Uh-"

"I have a plan, I'll sneak you in later and you can spy on Gloria." She said

"W-wait you guys are going to spy on Camilo and Gloria?" Miguel asked. "Uh- No..." Mirabel smiled awkwardly. "Look, I am not going to sneak into your house just to spy on Gloria. Besides you're going to be there, you can just tell me what happened." I said.

"Hmm, well I gotta go. I have to tell Camilo how bad Gloria is...." She said, walking away

"What was that all about?" Miguel asked. "Well um- you know Mirabel. She's just active and hyper." I jokingly said.

CAMILO'S POV:

5:30 PM

We were getting ready for dinner. I'm just here, sitting and reading a book. The book that y/n gave me. It's actually not bad. There's a bit of romance in it.

Abuela looks very prepared but why... it's just Gloria and her parents....

After a while, they finally arrived. They brought food too.

I remembered when y/n and her parents came and ate dinner here. Is Gloria replacing her...?

I continued reading the book. "Hey, what are you reading?" Gloria said, popping out of nowhere.

"Uh- nothing."

"Come on, let me see it." She said, grabbing the book. "Hmm, I didn't know you read this kind of book..." She added.

GLORIA'S POV:

We arrived at the Madrigals. I picked out a beautiful dress.

I spotted Camilo. He was so cute. He was reading a book...? I noticed the book, I feel like I've seen it before.... Y/n! She reads these kinds of books.

Did y/n give him that book or is it possible that he reads that for y/n.... No, no, no. I can't let that happen.

"Hey Gloria. I know I haven't introduced myself before. I'm Mirabel. Camilo's cousin." Mirabel introduced herself. "Hi. Nice to meet you!" I smiled. "Well the table is ready," She said.

"Great! I'm starving.'' Camilo said. As he walked away, I grabbed Mirabel's wrist. "Hey um Mirabel can I ask you a favor?" I whispered. "Uh yeah sure, what is it?"

"Can you help me with Camilo. I really like him a lot and I was wondering if-"

"Camilo? I'm sorry but I think he likes someone else.. "She cut me off. "Oh um who is it?" I asked. My heart fell when she said that. "I really don't know but he's really acting differently lately." She answered. "Oh okay, Uh thanks.." I replied.

Is it y/n? I thought she didn't like Camilo....

MIRABEL'S POV:

I lied to Gloria.

Well she was asking me for help with Camilo but I'm already helping y/n. I really don't know if Camilo likes y/n but I'm going to make sure of it and get them both together with my great awesome plan..... Which I haven't thought of....

Finally, eating dinner. Gloria was sitting next to Camilo, wasn't Dolores always sitting next to him... Gloria kept talking to Camilo. Flirting. Ugh.

I wish y/n could see this so she can finally open her eyes, not only her eyes but also her heart and her brain....

BACK TO Y/N'S POV:

I looked through my window. The view of the Madrigal's house. They were probably eating dinner with Gloria and her parents.

I looked up at the sky and whispered, "Please let me keep this one thing..."

I have walked through the ruins of an empire as it fell through the passageway of time. I have witnessed star after star exploding like fireworks, as I fixed my gaze light-years into the sky. I had yet to learn that the most destructive thing in the world is the quiet yearning between two people who long to find their way back to each other.

AHHHH.... Y/N LIKES CAMILO BUT COULDN'T SAY IT, CAMILO LIKES Y/N BUT HE THINKS Y/N LIKE MIGUEL, MIGUEL LIKES Y/N BUT HE KNOWS THAT SHE LIKES CAMILO AND GLORIA LIKE CAMILO BUT SHE DOESN'T KNOW IF HE LIKES Y/N.... I AM SCREAMING RN.

TY ALL SM FOR  READING, HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING IT <33

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :))