CHAPTER 27 - Crossroads

3 days have passed. We were going away. The past 3 days I haven't talked to Camilo. I tried to avoid and ignore him to avoid getting myself hurt. Besides he got Gloria. Although I don't know if they're really dating, I just know that Gloria likes him. I already said my goodbyes to some people in town, who I am close with, including Mirabel and Miguel.

My mom was packing our things. I was upstairs and took a shower, brushing and drying my hair. Someone knocked.

"I'll get it!" Mom said. I went downstairs, drying my hair with a towel.

"Who was at the do-" I froze, mom was hugging him.

"Ah you must be y/n. Your mom told me so much about you." He smiled. Could he be...

"Y/n this is Pedro." Mom introduced. I came closer to him. He looked oddly familiar.

"H-hi. Nice to meet you." I greeted with a little shock on my face. "I thought we were going to vis-"

"Oh I decided to come here instead of you guys coming to me.... Now I have already seen you. You're a beautiful young lady. You look like your mother. " He smiled.

"Thanks...W-why are your clothes all dirty?" I asked. One of his sleeves has a whole on it, plenty of dirt on his clothes and also his face.

"Well, I spent 8 hours finding this town. Good thing I came here alive." He said.

"Do you need to lay down or..?"

"Oh you must be exhausted, here. I'll make some tea and get you some pairs of clothes." Mom said. Wow, she really loves him.

"Buenos días Señor!" He hugged abuelo.

"I'll call papa and tell him you're here..." I went to the bakery shop.

"Ah y/n, where's your mom? These newly baked pandebonos are ready. Pack these for your trip." He said, handing me a tray of pandebonos.

"Um dad." I said. "Uh- I think we're not going."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, you see... Pedro already came...."

"He's here?"

"Yeah, he just arrived this morning and you know... he wants to meet you."

"Oh.... Okay." He said.

"I'll handle the shop, while you go-" He left. He looked weird.

I was at the shop. Hmm, I wonder what's happening in the house.

I spotted Mirabel. "Mirabel!" I called her. "Y/n?"

"Wait, I thought you left.... But anyways. Here is my last goodbye to you." She hugged me real tight. "I hope you don't get a nes best friend there. I'm really gonna miss you." She rapidly said.

"Mi-Mirabel." I let go of her. "I'm not leaving."

"Wait what?"

"Turns out my mom's boyfriend went here instead." I excitingly said.

"That's great!" She exclaimed. "Wait, you guys can eat dinner with us later and you can also invite your mom's boyfriend." She excitingly said.

"Uh I don't think-"

"Great! I'll tell abuela you guys are staying with us for dinner! Oh and tell your parents about this." She yelled from afar. Running backwards towards their house.

This is going to be embarrassing and awkward....

I went home. Of course I closed the bakery first. I was going to tell mom and dad about having dinner in Mirabel's.....