Stay

"wh-what do y-you mean?",Rachel couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"You heard me. I've already explained everything to Aria. Ask her, she'll tell you. Listen, I have an operation to perform so I gotta go, bye. Take care of yourself and if you need anything, you know where to find me." Gerard said before disconnecting the call.

Rachel walked towards a chair and sat down then tears started falling from her eyes. She was crying not only because of what she just heard...but also because of Aria.

Jeremy is Aria's adopted father. Aria has been through a lot in her past. Any other girl in her place would've completely broken down but she remained strong.

"She must be...so broken.. right now...",Rachel muttered while crying. Rick couldn't see his girlfriend in that state, he rushed to her and sat beside her, using his hands, he put her head on his chest and hugged her.

"She's the strongest girl I've ever known...she has been through a lot and see how unfair life has been to her? Her father is dying..." Rachel broke into tears.

"shh.. it's going to be alright..."Rick tried to console her but in vain.

After a few minutes, the door flew open and the doctor came out, "she'll be fine. Just need some rest and I'll give you a list of food that she needs to eat."

Alexander nodded and followed the doctor to his cabin while Rachel entered the room and saw Aria lying on the bed with a lot of wires connected to her body like last time.

"How are you feeling?"Rachel asked as she saw Aria looking faintly at her. She was struggling to keep her eyes open.

Not wanting to worry her best friend, Aria managed a smile, "Better. You- should g-go
home." Her voice was low and faint.

"No way! I'm staying with you here." Rachel said seriously and sat down next to her.

"It's night and you should go home. I'll be fine on my own." Aria spoke looking at Rachel, thinking how lucky she was to have such a best friend.

"She's right. You should go, both of you." Alexander entered the room and said to Rachel and Rick. He continued, "I'll stay with her."

"Sure man. Let's go, babe. Trust my best friend, he'll keep her safe." Rick said to an unsure Rachel who eventually but reluctantly nodded her head. "I'll see you tomorrow." Rachel said and kissed Aria's forehead before leaving with Rick.

"What are you doing here?" Aria asked,looking curiously as well as confusingly at Alexander, "You should leave too."

"I'm staying with you." He said sternly and seriously. Aria wanted to object but one glare from him shut her up.