Birthday party

"Happy birthday." Everyone wished Alexander's grandfather one by one.

They brought him gifts which he ignored completely. He hated it when people give him gifts, even when it's on his birthday.

Well, that's because his wife was always the first person to give him gifts, now she's not here and that changed his life completely.

The party was held in the Black Mansion. It was a huge castle-like mansion. Extremely expensive and luxurious. A red carpet was in front of the door as only rich and influential people were invited.

As soon as Alexander's car arrived, all eyes were on him as usual. He was the center of attention, always, no matter where he went or what he did. His life was a mystery to people. He was the richest of all the Blacks yet nobody knew how.

He stepped out of the car, followed by Aria with her beautiful dress. Everyone were not only staring at Alexander who was looking damn handsome in his black tuxedo, but also at Aria who was looking like a goddess.

"Who's this girl? His girlfriend?" people began gossiping.

They didn't bring any gifts as Alexander knew his grandfather very well. "Happy birthday." He hugged his grandfather. Returning the hug, he replied, "Thank you. I see that you brought her."

"Of course.",Alexander said and broke the hug. His grandfather turned to Aria, "Happy birthday Mr Black.",Aria wished him with a smile.

"Thank you very much and please call me grandfather." He requested to which she only nodded in response.

He smiled widely before saying, "let's go have dinner together now that you all are here."

They left the guest to enjoy the party and went to have their dinner, inside as a family. Everyone were already sitting at the dinning table.

Mike was sitting next to Kenzo who was sitting beside his wife, Anna. Alexander's father was sitting next to his wife. Alexander took a seat and motioned Aria to sit beside him which she did. Their grandfather sat on the middle chair.

"Hello Aria. I'm so glad that you came sweetheart!" Bella was extremely happy to see Aria. Why won't she? After all, that girl saved her son's life twice.

Aria lifted her head to speak when her eyes landed on Rosalyn and two older people sitting beside her, "oh that's right-- uh meet Rosalyn and her parents, Gabriella Hawkins and Thomas Hawkins, her parents." Bella introduced.

"I'm Rosalyn! Nice to meet you. I'm Alex's girlfriend." Rosalyn said with a smile.

"Yeah that's why I'm the one who he brought here." Aria replied, faking a smile at Rosalyn who clenched her jaw.

Kenzo and Anna held their laughs but Mike didn't. He broke into a fit of laughter and looked at Aria, "I like you already."

"You're not and will never be my girlfriend, Rosalyn. " Alexander spoke in a voice that sent chills down her spine.

"Won't you introduce the girl?" Mrs Hawkins asked, and eyed Aria with a disgusted face.

Alexander cleared his throat and grabbed everyone seated at the table's full attention,

"Everyone, meet Aria, my friend and someone who you shouldn't mess up with. Aria, that's my father, John, my mom, Bella, my younger brother, Mike, my elder brother, Kenzo and his wife Anna next to him."

"Hey Aria! I'm Mike and single." Mike grinned. Aria just chuckled. "Taken by your brother, don't forget."Kenzo joked.

"What?"Aria raised an eyebrow tat Kenzo who laughed, "You're taken by our brother."

"Stop teasing her. I'm Anna, nice to meet you, Aria! We can hang out sometimes." Anna was very nice, friendly and kind.

"Sure." Aria smiled at her which she happily returned.

"So Aria, where are your parents?" John asked as they started eating their food.

"My real parents are both dead. My adoptive father is in the hospital."

"I'm sorry." John shot her an apologetic look which Aria waved off, "It's fine."

"I hope that you know why we invited you." This time, Bella spoke.

Aria nodded, "It wasn't necessary though."

"Oh but It was! You have no idea how you've done us a great favour! Alexander is everything to us, sweetheart." Bella was one of the sweetest woman alive.

"Aria, where do you stay?" Gabriella asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.