Promise

Rachel and Rick came to visit Aria. Alexander explained to them that she should stay with him for her own safety. They both understood and agreed.

Then they left, leaving Aria and Alexander alone on the hospital again. Alexander didn't go to work, instead he stayed with Aria. He was the CEO, he did as he pleased and no one could say anything.

It was not like they were going to fire him from his own company or it was not like he's going to fire himself.

Anyways, rumors spreaded fast. People started talking. One person saw Alexander staying with Aria in the hospital, he told everyone.

The rumors were saying that the most eligible bachelor have finally settled down. Some rumors were saying that Aria was a slut who tried to get into Alexander's pants, who apparently succeeded in seducing him.

Aria's image was getting spoiled every second. Everyone except Alexander and Aria knew what was going on. Alex's parents saw the rumors but they kept quiet.

They wanted Alexander to learn about it on his own.

But Alexander's grandfather was not able to keep this from him.He felt like Alexander had the right to know what people were thinking about Aria. So he sent him a short but detailed message,

"Check the rumors" was all what Stefan wrote. He wasn't one to talk much.

Alexander immediately read the message. Tempted, he went online and checked out the rumors. His blood started boiling. He glanced at Aria who was getting her check up done by a nurse and sighed.

"Bloody idiots." He mumbled, his grip tightening on the phone in his hands.

He quickly sent a message to one of his men, "I want everyone who spread those rumors to be fired from their job and get someone to remove those rumors right now."

"We're done and you're perfectly fit to go home" The nurse said to Aria who smiled brightly, "Thank you!"

The nurse said something to Alexander before leaving them alone. "You ready to go?" Alexander asked Aria and she nodded instantly. She got off the bed and they left the hospital.

"Wait! Before we go to your house, I have to go to mine to get my things." Aria said to which Alexander nodded. They went to her house and got her things.

Aria took a bath and changed her clothes all while he was waiting for her. When she was done, they grabbed her things and left.

As they were on their way, Aria was looking out of the window when she saw the hospital where her father was admitted. She was missing him badly so she asked Alexander to stop the car so that she can visit her father.
Alexander agreed, that's the least he could do for her.

But he agreed on one condition : she should let him come with her. Aria agreed and both of them went inside. Aria went directly to her father's ward followed by Alexander.

"Dad..." Aria's soft voice called out to her father.

"Aria? Is that you?" Her father raised his eyes and saw Aria with Alexander.

Her father was in a pitiful condition. There were machines everywhere around him, he was having trouble to breath. There was a tube which was connected to his heart.

"H-how are y-you?" her voice was shaking. She wasn't able to see her father in that condition, it broke her heart.

The man who saved her, the man who gave her a new life was now dying in front of her and she won't be able to do anything to save him. She has never felt so useless her entire life.

"I'll be fine..don't worry about me. What are you doing here? His eyes fell on Alexander, "Who's your friend? "

"Alexander"He replied and smiled lightly at her father who kindly returned the smile,"Nice to meet you, Alexander. Since when do you know Aria?"

"It's been a few hours." He replied, shrugging which made Aria's father chuckle softly before whispering to Aria, "He's funny. I like him."

"I wasn't being funny." Alexander mumbled, "Have it your way."

Aria smiled at the two,"I'll go and speak with the doctor about something, you can speak to him meanwhile." Aria then left the room,leaving Alexander and her father alone.

"How's life?" Alexander asked, not knowing what to ask.

The old man shot him an 'are you serious' look. Alexander furrowed his brows in realization, "I mean...how are you holding up?"

"I don't have long. I wish to spend my last days with my daughter but that seem impossible since I can't leave this hospital." Ben responded. "Alexander, I know it's too much to ask and I know you don't even know her that well...but I need you to promise me something."

"Shoot" was all what Alexander said in response.

Ben took a deep breath, " Promise me that you'll take care of her when I'm gone. You see, she doesn't have anyone else apart me and Rachel. Promise me you'll take care of my daughter."

"I promise."