Take a break

Three years Later

"Daddy!!" a little boy called out to Alexander.

Alexander was busy kissing the life out of his wife when his little son interrupted them.

Alexander ignored him but Aria didn't. She broke the kiss and knelt down to face her son.

"What happened to my little baby?" Aria asked and kissed his little nose.

"Noting." he replied and gave his parents a bright smile. He didn't pronounce the 'h'.

"Nothing." Alexander corrected him.

"Not-h-ing." he repeated after his father.

"Let him be. He's just three years old!" Aria said to Alexander and hit him playfully.

"So? He needs to learn how to speak. Right?" Alexander asked his son who nodded. "Rwight."He repeated again.

Alexander lifted him up and said, "why did you bother us?"

"Because- I want to my grandparents" he responded with a smile.

"Let's go then.",Alexander said and glanced at Aria who nodded, "Let's go." They left their house to his parents' one.

As soon as they arrived, their son rushed inside and shouted, "I am here!!"

Bella pulled the little boy for a hug as well as John and Stefan. Every single member in the family hugged him and kissed him either on the cheeks or the forehead.

They all really loved Ace. It was hard not to, he was extremely cute. He took after Alexander mostly but he got Aria's brown hairs.

"My little Ace is here!",Bella said excitedly. "Did you miss me?" She asked to which Ace replied, "Yesss!!"

"Ace! How is my little boy doing?" Mike asked as he kneeled down to talk to him.

"He is fwine." Ace replied and smiled at Mike who chuckled, "I'm your favourite uncle right?"

"No! I am." Kenzo replied, before Ace could.

"He loves me more, don't you, Ace?" Mike asked, pouting at Ace who laughed at his face, "I don't have any favourwites."

"Too bad." Valerie said and pouted at the little boy. "I thought I was your favourite aunty."

Valerie was Mike's wife. She was a marine biologist and it was pretty funny how they met. Mike's car collided with hers.

"Alexander, Aria. It's good to see you guys are fine. We missed you two." Stefan said as he lifted Ace.

"How's my champion doing?" Stefan asked Ace who threw his head back, "How many more pweople are going to ask me this? I'm fwine for fwuck's sake!"

Everyone's eyes widened on hearing what Ace said.

"Have you been swearing in front of him?" Bella asked Alexander in disbelief.

Alexander scratched the back of his head and responded, "He- kinda heard me and Brent talking the other day-"

"You need to mind your language now that there's a kid in the house!" Bella said seriously.

"Alexander, we need to talk.",Stefan said to Alexander who nodded and they went Stefan's room to talk.

"Any thing about Russell?" Stefan asked as he closes the door and turned to face Alexander.

"No." He replier.

"It's been two fucking years, Alexander!" Stefan lost his patience which was rare.

"He hasn't done anything for the past two years except the accident! Do not freak out on me- he's too good at hiding." Alexander also lost it.

"Okay- let's just calm down. We'll find him. He can't hide for long, can he?" Stefan asked to which Alexander shrugged, "I don't know."

"What if he's planning something big?" Stefan asked.

"I won't let him hurt my family, no matter what." Alexander spoke seriously. He wouldn't be able to live if anything happened to Aria or to Ace. They were his life.

"I think you should take a break." Stefan said.

"What?" Alexander asked confusingly.

"Take a break but don't let your guard down." Stefan rephrased his sentence.

"I can't do that- not when Russell is still a threat!" Alexander refused.

"You really need a break. Trust me, when I'm telling you. Take a break, take Aria and Ace and go somewhere safe. But don't let your guard down, ever." Stefan spoke seriously.

"How can i--" Alexander tried to speak but was cut off by Stefan, "Listen to me. What I'm asking you to do, is for yours and your family's own good. Take a two-months break."

Alexander sighed but nodded, "Fine. I'll take that break."

"Don't let your guard down.",Stefan reminded him and he nodded, "I won't."

"Good. After these two months, we'll find Russell that is, if he doesn't come to us first. I'd like to see for how long he thinks he can hide." Stefan said.