sixteen

‣ sixteen

      .
  .
    .
.
first person

I look myself over in the mirror, "are you sure you can't come?" I look at Seb in the reflection of the mirror as I fix my blush lip color.

"I have to make this meeting, but Chris is excited to have you finally meet Karla, she is sweet, you will love her." I roll my eyes, "fine make me go alone."

I turned to walk towards the door as he grabbed my waist with both his hands and pulled me back against him, "I love you Ophelia," he breathed into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.
"Yeah yeah. I love you two..." I trailed as he kissed my cheek, "have fun, O. I'll be here when you get back."

I walk into the cafe where I see Chris sitting next to a beautiful blonde, a total bombshell, their hands intertwined on the table in front of them. I smile at the sight, my best friend finding someone that seems to make him happy.

He stood when he noticed me, "Ophelia," he opened his arms and stepped towards me. The hug engulfed me in him, my best friend and the joy that was evident in his demeanor.

"This is Karla, Karla this is Ophelia." He motioned between us, the stunning hazel eyed blonde steps towards me as Chris walks back to the table.

She hugged me and whispered in my ear, "he is mine now, so back the fuck up bitch." We parted and her fake smile lit a fire in my stomach. But as I watched Chris' smile when she walked towards him, I bit my tongue and sat down. It's a good thing I'm an actress because I already hate her.

"So Ophelia, Chris told me Avengers is your first big film." The judgement in her voice was undoubtedly going to set me off. "How did you enjoy it?" She rested her head on his shoulder as she stared at me.

"It was the greatest experience of my life...still haven't gotten over it. Chris really is the best friend a girl could ask for, made things alot easier, plus the cast is unbelievable." I smiled genuinely at him as he beamed back at me. I watched her fight her eyes as they rolled, but I didn't attempt to hide my chuckle.

"From exes to best friends. How does that happen?" She spoke plainly as she lifted her head from his shoulder, her eyes stared into me like daggers.

I looked at Chris, "well I got cast in a movie, we got drinks after three years apart, and we talked. He made the experience so simple, you know how friendly this guy is..." I nudged him with my hand from across the table.

I watched her anger bubble behind her eyes as I tried to contain my laughter. She started again, "yeah, he is the greatest guy, just wish he would stop talking about how amazing his ex is all the time," she fake laughed as Chris' cheeks turned a pink hue.

I smiled between them, "so how long have you been an item?" I stare at Chris as he clears his throat.

She smirks and spoke for him, "we met just before Halloween. He asked me to be his just before Thanksgiving."
I felt my eyes widen, he waited so long to tell me about her, to tell anyone. I had seen him multiple times since then...he must have had his reasons.
"Six months?" I asked Chris as I felt my jaw drop.

"Half a year with this amazing guy," she smiled at me as she rubbed his arm and I felt myself getting nauseous.