twenty-seven

❥twenty-seven
.
       . 
  .
         .
     .
      First Person

I roll over in bed, today is the party, my eyes shoot open and I'm met with an achingly empty bed.

"Sebastian?" I hum as I sit up in a stretch. My feet hit the floor, slipping into my white bunny slippers as I scurry into the kitchen finding coffee already ready in the pot. I furrow my brow, "Sebastian?" There's a note on the counter next to a few of my favorite chocolate covered strawberries.

      Prinţesă,
   I have so running to do
     for the party all day
  and I'll be getting ready
   at Chris' with the boys.

      Don't worry, you won't
   be alone, expect company
         around two.

     I'll see you tonight
     for the best night
    of our lives...so far.

          I love you.
                xo Seb

I smile at the thought of marrying this man, as I pop a berry into my mouth and take a bite. He is always so thoughtful and I feel like I laugh all the time. I just can't believe I didn't see it back then, he always loved me but he also loved Chris. I just don't know how I got so lucky...to live such an epic life. No matter how cursed it felt at times.

I look at my phone and see I have three hours before, what I can assume, is the girls coming.
Time for some intense self care this morning in the form of food, drinks, and a long bath.

I fix my dress with a rub down my sides as I look around at the girls in my living room enjoying drinks.

Charli stands up on a chair, an infectious grin across her face as she looked into my eyes. She nervously ran her hand through her hair, smiling around at my girlfriends all around me.

"I've known Ophelia for a long time, a loooooong time. She's always had a way of lighting up a room no matter how dark her world felt. There's something so epic about a person so full of love after such pain. O, you kept your pain hidden for far too long but here you are, free of it and looking better and happier than ever. Im so proud. "

I looked around at all my girlfriends in my living room, dressed up to celebrate the past two years, smiling at me.

"When Chris left you, something changed, a gaurd went up. I thought I'd never get to see you become this confident light again. You brighten so many people's lives and you are so loved, Ophelia. I'm hoping today will show you that!"

I felt the tears, wiping my eyes gently and pulling her into a tight hug, "I love you Char, seriously...so fucking much."

"Yeah yeah. Let's get you a little drunker before we go see what your man planned." I let out a loud laugh as I join all the ladies for a round of shots at my kitchen island.

After an hour of singing and dancing with drinks in hand around my apartment, Scarlett and Charli fixed my hair and makeup and tossed a hat on my head as we walked out the door.

We arrive at a large building in Manhattan, and they let me to the elevator, Liz clicking the rooftop button as I look at all of them with wide eyes.
"Rooftop party?" I smirk with a chuckle. Charli giggles, "rooftop fuckin party!"
We all dance to the elevator music until we reach the top floor.