an ending and a beginning

╰┈➤ September, 2019

Chris had moved into the guest room at Sebastian and Ophelia's apartment in the beginning of September. He'd helped intensely the entire pregnancy and he stayed within the comfortable vibe of platonic friendship, it finally felt like a healthy dynamic and the group could feel it.

Everyone put their fears on hold until they see the little faces of the babies. They didn't find out genders or anything, just simply knew they were healthy and ready any day.

The trio decided it was better Chris was close by just in case. They had all really become quite close throughout the pregnancy, Sebastian enjoying having someone with them to help, since work and commitments made it difficult to be there as much as she needed him. Twins were proving to be alot of work, even before birth.

The birth plan was set and kept very private from most friends and family, Chris and Sebastian had their schedule in sync for the month so she wasn't alone.

When the couple was asked about specifics, Ophelia just stated she wished the birth to be intimate and something just for them, little did their loved ones know them included her ex-boyfriend.

It was the middle of the night in the middle of September when Ophelia had a hankering for something sour on top of ice cream. She rolled strategically from the bed and bit her lip to keep her grunt from escaping her mouth, and waking her husband. 'Just a few more weeks,' she thought as she ran her hands down her large belly.

When she walked into the kitchen it was dark but her eyes adjusted as she turned the light on, she didn't see the figure at the table nearby as she pulled the ice cream from the freezer.

"Can't sleep?" Chris hummed and she yelped, the sound of water hitting the floor. "Fuck, that was my water breaking, Chris!!" her eyes widen as she looked ahead keeping her breath.

Chris stood quickly and walked to her and then for the bedroom, "Sebastian, baby time. get up!" He opened the closet and pulled the bags, tossing them at the door.

"Ophelia, how're you feeling?" He smiled as he held her eyes and hands. Immediately mimicking her breathing as her body started to progress quickly. "Scared, I'm feeling scared."

She lifted her ice cream and took a few bites as Sebastian scrambled in the bedroom. Then Sebastian was up and they went into birth mode, making their way to the hospital as her contractions progressed.

Chris drove as Sebastian kept his calm and coached her through it in the backseat. Then, Chris pulled up to the front of the hospital energency door, "text me the info, I'll be waiting outside the door."

Ophelia grabbed his arm angerly, the hormones raging, "you better fucking make your way up and be right by the damn door, Evans." She growled and squeezed hard as a big contraction hit her like a large wave.