twenty-three

❥ twenty-three

Ophelia lay in bed as they cut off her arm cast, "yes. Breath skin, breath." She joked as she wiggles her fingers, Chris chuckles at her excitement. He watched amused as she does a small happy shimmy and only slightly winced at the movement.

She smiled at him as he sat next to her while Sebastian and Joaquin were out of town for work. She had been awake in the hospital for two weeks and was preparing for discharge to go home from the hospital in a few days.

"Ugh, I just want to remember everything, I feel like pieces of me are just, gone." She frowned as she stared at her phone photo albums.

"It's crazy, I can't even imagine how it feels." He spoke in a quiet tone as she leaned against him.

"I'm all confused....like all the time. Plus, still sore from that bitch that ran me over," she shifted to lean into him slightly more.

"I'll never forgive myself Ophelia," he started as she separated from him and stared up at him with a laced together brow. "Why? You didn't run me over."

"I didn't, but I may as well have." He spoke plainly, making her confused. She furrowed her brow and studied him for a moment.
He noticed her gaze, "it was my girlfriend, well...my ex. I broke up with her before she hit you."

"Your girlfriend did this to me? She tried to kill me?" Her face pained as she searched his for answers. He only frowned and nodded.

"What did I do to make her hate me? We aren't even together." She asked as the tears brimmed her over emotional eyes.

He sighed, "you did nothing, it was me...she knew I loved you...I'm inlove with you."

"You're inlove with me? How in the.." she looked at the ceiling as she runs her hands through her hair anxiously.

"Damnit I wish I had a cigarette. Why Chris?"

"You'll learn soon enough, there are plenty of us. You're easy to love, sweet Ophelia."
She looked up from his chest and swam in his ocean eyes for a moment, letting the calm his aura to her to fill her up. After a moment letting herself dive in too deep, she is leaning in and pressing her lips into his gently like she used to. 

She leaned back against her pillow biting her lip. She turned on the television as he stared at her intently.

Her eyes widen at the realization of her natural reflex. She felt his eyes and giggled nervously, "Chris, I'm so sorry. That was a natural reaction, I didn't mean to. Lets just call it goodbye, I didn't mean to do that."

She bit her lip and focused on the screen infront of her, avoiding his eyes as she sat utterly embarrassed by her body's natural urge for a man that left her behind.

All his mind could think about was her lips on his after five years of regret, "fuck Ophelia. Loving you is going to kill me."
He leans back against the bed as she rolled her eyes, "last I checked, your love for me almost got me killed, ya stinker."

"But you have to stop looking at me that way, apparently you dumped me and I'm engaged to your pretty incredible best friend." She poked him as she leaned on his shoulder to watch Friends.

Sebastian walked into her room with a bright smile to be met with Ophelia laying in bed next to his best friend watching tv. "Hey you two," he smirked as Chris shimmied from the bed quickly.

"Hey there handsome," she stretched and showed him her newly bare right arm. He rushed towards her and wrapped his arms around her as she leaned into him from the bed.