twenty-four

❥twenty-four

Ophelia smiled down at her bare legs as she wiggled her toes from the passenger seat of the car. Her father's friend, Ignatius, insisted on coming to town and bringing her back to LA for a break from the NYC chaos while everyone was working that week. Bringing her back to her home town with he and his daughter, Rain, both wishing to help with her rehab while everyone else was busy. The two were a large part of her life back in the early 2000s. What she didn't remember was that Rain and her had a really horrible falling out in 2014, a memory Charli forgot to enlighten her with before she left for England.

"Thanks for having me, Uncle Iggy. I couldn't bare to feel the overbearing energy from New York for much longer. Los Angeles will be a nice change of pace for a few days."

He beamed towards her, "Rain is so excited. Hasn't shut up in weeks. We are glad to have you, you're always welcome here."

She smiled and watched the palm trees pass by through her window, her mind wandering to the lips of Chris and Sebastian, the lust and love they both carried for her.

"How you feeling over there, Lia?" Ignatius smiled at her. She shrugged as she looked at her ring, "physically... so much better. Mentally, like my mind wipe isn't going away."

She felt the tears brimming her eyes, "I can't imagine how strange that is," he quickly looked at her and back at the road.

She sniffled, "the man I love left me years ago and I don't remember my own breakup. I'm engaged to his best friend...who is great. I'm just... so fuckin lost."
"Language," his tone was firm and fatherly. She nodded andnstared at her hands as she picked the white nail polish that Charli did before she left.

"Iggy, what am I supposed to do?" She looked at him with a sad confusion clouding her gaze.

"Go out with Rain tonight like she wanted, nights on me...just have fun and put the anxiety inducing stuff to the backburner until tomorrow.

"I kissed my ex," she blurted out. He chuckled, "well, that is a fun little tidbit. Why'd you do that?" He chuckled a bit.

"Because he was being sweet and I got all confused. Ugh, this amnesia is really ruining everything."
He smirked, "did he kiss you back?"
Her brow furrowed, "yeah, so?"

He laughed, "just curious. So my niece has two of the most sought after men in hollywood under her spell. Damn, good for you."
She rolled her eyes, "my uncle, the comedian...you are zero help"

As he parked in the driveway of their insane house, a tall, thin blonde runs full speed towards her, Ophelia smirking at Ignatius.

"Maybe your daughter will be more helpful than you."
He let out a loud exaggerated laugh, "fat chance, little girl. My daughter will only stir that pot." Atleast he warned her.

"Ophelia I've missed you!!!"
"Rainy, oh how I needed to see you!"
"So, your dad mentioned the pool...I'm in." The girl's giggle as they make their way to the swimming pool.

She fell into a rhythm much like her life before she met Chris. The life she left for a reason.

□ □ □