Come back 2

Two days have passed since the meeting. I shook my head once again at the thought of Jungkook. I mopped the floor to distract my thoughts. "I'm heading out," Jimin said. I said my goodbyes and continued mopping. It's my turn to close the cafe. I let out a sigh from the heaviness feeling on my shoulders. I don't even know why I'm so worried. I won't see him again.

I cracked my neck to get the tense feeling away. I looked at the clock to make sure I still have time to get food at a certain shop. I heard the door open, thinking Jimin had come back. "Did you forget something?" I said and turned around. The tense feeling and heaviness on my shoulders came back. Jungkook smiled at me. I clenched the mop, feeling my anxiety rising. "Can I place an order?" He asked. I was too busy in my thoughts to answer him quickly.

I put the mop away with shaky hands. "We're closed," I said without looking at him. I heard his footsteps walking around. "I'll leave if I could get black tea," he said while looking at the fake decor plants. I bit my bottom lip, telling myself to just do it and get it over with. But am I going to make something for this man because he told me to?

Either way, I made the tea to get rid of him. I tried to make the tea as fast as possible with my shaky hands. "Are you okay?" he asked. "You're shaking." The beep went off signaling that the tea is ready. "I'm fine," I said while pouring the tea into a cup. I put a cover on the cup and handed it to him. Our hands brushed against each other lightly, which made me pull my hand away quickly. He handed me the payment which I gladly took.

He still hasn't left. I turned around quickly to ignore his presence. I pretended to rearrange the coffee to distract myself. I looked at the time once again making sure I at least have ten more minutes to get food. I built up the courage and faced him. "Are you going to leave?" I finally asked. He sipped his tea and looked at me. I gulped once our eyes met. "I lied," he replied.

Anxiety left my body. I was now irritated. "Please leave, I need to close up," I said irritatedly. I took my apron off and hung it on the wall. I felt his eyes on me. He walked towards the door. I was hoping he would finally leave, but he waited for me to finish. I sighed once I realize there's no way to get rid of him. I admitted defeat and locked up the cafe.

"You're hungry, right? Let me treat you," he said while throwing the empty cup away. "That's okay," I said without looking at him. I looked for my wallet, but couldn't find it anywhere. I concluded that I did not bring it. I sighed and closed my bag. Starving for one night isn't bad. Hoping that positive thoughts would distract me, it didn't.

I looked at Jungkook who was still standing there. The thought of food took over my mind that Jungkook didn't even matter anymore. "Just this once," I said. He smiled and nodded. He walked close to me, making sure that I'm near him. My body felt tense at how close we were. "You walk alone every night?" he asked. I hummed in response.

"It's dangerous to be alone at night on the streets," he said. He continued asking questions until we arrived at his car.

----

I didn't expect him to take me to a fancy restaurant. I was a bit embarrassed with what I was wearing at a place like this. I looked at the menu but didn't even know what to order. I've never heard of these dishes. Jungkook noticed the overwhelming frustration I was having and ordered for me. The server brought a wine bottle and poured the liquid into our wine cups. I've never felt such luxury.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and looked at Jungkook. "How did you know where I worked?" I asked. He put his wine glass down and looked at me. I'm never getting over the anxious feeling every time we make eye contact. "The cafe's name is on the cup," he simply replied. I didn't say anything but asked myself why I asked a dumb question.

I drank the wine in one go to make my embarrassment go away. I poured myself another cup and drank it once again. "Slow down, the food hasn't even arrived yet," he said. I ignored him and poured another glass. I looked at his hand and noticed the ring wasn't on his finger anymore. Letting my guard down, I was curious. "Where's your ring?" I asked. I looked up at him and met his eyes once again.

He never took his eyes off me. "You want me to put it on?" he asked. I didn't know how to reply. I choked up and kept quiet. He's engaged to Yui he should have it on. I poured myself another glass. Why would he ask such a question? "Yui didn't agree to this engagement also," he said. I kept quiet once again. I drank the wine. Why did he tell me that?

The night felt long.

----

I felt a pounding sensation on my head. I groaned at the feeling. I slowly got up, my eyes still closed. I didn't want to open them, knowing that it's going to be bright. I immediately came to my senses once I realized I wasn't home. I was wearing a robe in an unfamiliar house. I started to panic. I heard the shower running, telling me that Jungkook is in there. I got up quickly and grabbed my belongings. I searched for my clothes but they were nowhere to be found.

"Are you feeling okay?" Jungkook asked. I looked at him. I looked away quickly with a heated face. Put clothes on at least. "..yeah, I'm fine," I replied. How much did I drink last night? We didn't do anything weird, right? "I'm drying your clothes right now," he said. I sighed, realizing that I have to wait for it to finish. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realize Jungkook was close to me. He set his hand on my forehead which snapped me back to reality. I moved his hand immediately.

We locked eyes for a while. "I'm sorry..for everything," he said. My heart felt heavy by his words. "Stop, I don't want to hear it," I said. I held onto my belongings and was about to walk out. I don't care about the clothes anymore. "Your head is still warm, let me care for you," he said. I told him it's okay, but he held onto my arm. I got out of his grip and faced him.

"I said this would be a one-time thing," I said. I tried not to fall for his sad expression. "If it's a one-time thing, then let me care for you one last time," he said. I felt my heart sink. This whole time I tried my best to get rid of him. But seeing him one more time with that expression gives me mixed feelings. I don't know anymore.

If it's just one last time. "..Okay," I said. He smiled at my response. He brought me back to his bed. I laid down while he put my belongings on the side. It's just one last time. I won't see him again. I looked out the big window, down at the city. He cheated on me, I could never forget that. I can't go soft because of the bare minimum.

Jungkook came back with a bowl with water and a towel. He finally had clothes on. He pulled a chair out and set the bowl on the bedside table. The pounding in my head distracted me from what was happening in my surroundings. Jungkook pulled my robe down a little. My shoulders were now exposed to the coldness. "You're sweating so much," he said while dabbing the warm wet towel on my forehead and chest.

I suddenly started getting tired. But the feeling of the towel disappearing and a hand on my cheek woke me up. Jungkook started leaning closer towards me. "Push me away if you don't want to," he said. My mind went blank. I've been contemplating my feelings for him, I still don't have an answer. He leaned in closer. I do want to kiss him. I want to kiss him badly. I let my mind go and leaned in to fill the gap.

He held my hand tightly. I wanted to cry. I shouldn't be doing this. I told myself to not fall for him. I pulled away from the kiss. He never let go of my hand. "I never stopped loving you Taehyung," he said. I've failed myself. I never wanted to fall for him ever again, but I failed. "I've waited and tried so hard to find you ever since you left," he said.

I can't help myself. I'm stuck. "I made you go through so much pain and I'll try my hardest to make it up to you." He gave my hand a light squeeze. I can tell he was anxious. "So please don't make this the last time," he pleaded.

"Okay," I said. He immediately pulled me into a hug. I give up. I always wanted Jungkook. I still loved him from the beginning. I can't deny that. "Give me time to accept you," I said. He nodded quickly. "You better make up for everything," I said once again. "I promise. I'll win you back," he replied.