Fireworks

Jungkook's POV

Finally, we're having a two-week break. I dropped my bag on the ground and laid on my bed. "I hate college," I groaned. I do hate college, but if I didn't come, I would have never met Taehyung. We've been roommates for two years now. He's my happy virus. He keeps my energy up whenever I'm feeling low. He's the social butterfly here and keeps everything positive around him. I would do anything to just keep his smile.

The door opened with a smiling Taehyung. "Change your clothes first before sleeping," he said while putting his bag down. I smiled a little at him. I watched him put his hands on his hips while mumbling about what to eat. I laughed at the way he was acting. He whispered ramen, but I clearly heard him. He's too cute. How could anyone hurt him?

I got up from my bed and used all my energy to change into comfortable clothes. "Oh come on, your classes weren't that bad," he laughed from the kitchen. His laugh will always make my stomach tingle. "I'm almost at my limit with this doctor's career," I said while walking into the kitchen. He continued talking, but I was more focused on his smile. I've asked myself if I have feelings for Taehyung many times. I'm still not sure about my answer.

"Let's go grocery shopping tomorrow, we barely have anything," he said while slurping the noodles. He motioned me to come eat with him and I gladly joined.

-

I watched Taehyung tap his cheek thinking about what to buy. I laughed at the cute action. "Do we want vegetables?" I asked. He nodded aggressively but was still thinking of things to buy. I put the basket of snacks down, thinking that this was probably going to take a while. "Ah! Can you go get some fruit, please? I've been craving for mango," he said. I nodded while grabbing the basket. I headed towards the fruit section and searched for mangos. Of course I grabbed some strawberries and bananas.

Once I found the mangos, I walked back to Taehyung and found him staring at a poster. Fireworks show tomorrow, huh? "You want to go?" I asked. He immediately looked at me with his puppy eyes and nodded. "If it doesn't bother you," he said while looking back at the poster. Now that I think of it, I've never seen Taehyung go to any events. He's hard-working but also keeps his head up. I wonder how he stays so positive.

Since this will be his first event, I want to make sure he'll have the most fun he's ever had. "Alright! Let's go home," he said while picking up the basket. I quickly grabbed it since it was heavy for him.

Once we got back to our dorm, Taehyung quickly put the groceries away. I told him to slow down, but he kept saying how he was excited for tomorrow. I smiled at the thought of both of us watching the fireworks. I've never seen him this excited about something before.

-

"It's almost time," Taehyung said while looking at the time. I went through the snacks we bought and realized I didn't get my favorite chips. "Taehyung, I'm going to the vending machines real quick," I said. He hummed in response. I laughed at how focused he was on the time.

I'm glad we're on the second floor. I put in the money and pressed on the number for the chips. "Jungkook!" Someone called. Namjoon waved at me with a cheeky smile. I waved back while grabbing my chips. "You look good today, you gelled your hair back too," he said while giving me a flirty look. I told him to shut up with a heated face. He laughed and leaned against the vending machine.

"Come hang out with Hoseok and me, we have extra company too," I shook my head at the offer. "I'm busy tonight," I said. I was about to head back to my room, but he stopped me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the area Hoseok and the 'extra company' were at. I groaned once he made me sit down next to one of the girls.