Rumors

It's been three months since I rejected Taehyung. I've been feeling guilty ever since. I've started dating Yuna after. It's hard to focus on this relationship when my mind is always thinking about that day. I rejected him for the dumbest reasons. Believing the rumors about him made me realize how bad of a person I am.

I did have feelings for him. He was the reason why I smiled. He was different from others, while Yuna is just some other girlfriend. Taehyung and I barely talk. I don't see him around as much anymore. I always have the urge to see him.

I worry about him. He looked really hurt that day, even if he was trying his best to not show it. I remember him saying 'it's alright'. I could hear the hurt in his voice.

I remember how I walked away after, not caring about what's going to happen to him. The rumors made me do all these dumb actions. I wish I can go back and change all of this. Having Taehyung in my arms and everything. Apologizing to him over and over again.

"I can't continue this relationship", I said to Yuna. She stared at me for a minute. "I-Is it something I did?", she asked. I shook my head no. "You did nothing wrong, it's just..", I let out a sigh. "I made a mistake that's all".

She grabbed my hand and held it tightly. "Don't leave me Jungkook", she pleaded. "I can help you what you did wrong". I can see her eyes starting to water up. "..I'm sorry", I said and took my hand out of her hold. She sat there quietly. I was about to walk away, but she stopped me. "It's Taehyung, huh?", she said. I didn't answer, which made everything obvious.

"You heard what he did, right? He sent nudes to two guys. He even slept with four football players. And you still want to go to him?". She's starting to get on my nerves. I let out a deep sigh to calm myself down. "Those aren't true", I said. "Aren't the rumors the reason why you picked me over him?"

"I was stupid for believing those rumors. I know Taehyung wouldn't do things like that". I tried walking away again, but she stopped me once again. "Don't go to a person like that Jungkook". I groaned by what she said. "Don't act like you never sent nudes to someone", I said. She stood there quietly. I took the chance to walk away, which worked.

Taehyung's POV

I sat silently while feeling the light breeze go by. The roof is a place where I can relax and get some stuff off my mind. It's Friday. Every teen out there is probably hanging out with their friends. I miss my friends, but I barely have any now. Most of them left because of the rumors. I was hurt when they said they didn't want to be around me anymore.

I wish people knew that those weren't true. Those pictures weren't even me. Why do they have to believe in rumors so easily?

I held my knees up to my chest. I felt my tears threatening to fall. I tried my best to hold them back, but failed. It's lonely now. Walking into the school gates and not having a group of friends greeting you. I miss those moments. Or even just having a friend by your side. But everyone sees me as the schools slut. Jungkook even believed it and left.

I still remember him telling me how he can't be with someone who leaves their legs open. I tried telling him that they weren't true. I tried telling everyone that they weren't true. But they wouldn't even let me talk.

Is this what people wanted? Me having nobody?

——

"Taehyung", I froze by the voice. I wiped my tears away quickly. "W-What are you doing here?", I said. He didn't say anything and sat next to me. Being around him makes me uncomfortable now. Knowing that he believes those rumors and everything. I moved away a little to get the uncomfortable feeling gone as best as possible.

"I knew you would be up here", he said. If he knew then why would he come here. Being around him makes me remember that day. "I broke up with Yuna", he said. "O-Oh..". That's probably why he's up here. Taking his mind off some stuff too. I wish I can make him feel better, but he sees me as a whore. It's probably no use if I try.

"Just need to get some stuff off your mind, huh?", I said. "I've been up here since lunch", I said with a smile. I didn't want to go to the rest of my classes. I knew everything was going to be the same. Getting picked on and called at. "I came here to talk to you", he said. I looked at him, but quickly looked away once his eyes met mine.

"I'm sorry Taehyung", he said. My heart felt heavy for a minute. "I'm sorry for leaving you because of those rumors". I was happy, but soon felt my heart get heavy again. Should I believe this? I remember a guy came up to me, saying that he didn't believe those rumors. Later on, he told the whole school that I was trying to get into his pants.

"I-I have to go", I said quickly. He stopped me and pulled me back. "I'm tired of people playing with me!! Please let me go!!". I tried to hold my tears, but failed. I wiped them away quickly. Jungkook pulled me into a hug. I froze for a minute by the action. "I'm sorry about all of this Taehyung. Please just believe me", he pleaded. I stood in his arms silently.

I didn't know how to feel. It's hard for me to believe anyone. Especially the ones I used to be close with. "...I-I'm a virgin", I said. "I know that. I knew the rumors weren't true. I was just stupid to believe they were true. I'm sorry Taehyung. I really am", he said while hugging me tighter. I moved my hands onto his chest and pushed him away.

"..It's hard to believe you. Everyone has said they didn't believe the rumors, but went on and started saying I tried to get into their pants". He moved closer to me, which made me step back. "I'm sorry Jungkook..but I can't believe you"

"Just let me explain, please", he said. "I've been in this situation too many times. I know how things are going to end up at the end.", I replied. "I'm not like them!! Taehyung please"

"I'm tired of believing easily. I'm going home now, bye Jungkook"