Come back 1

"Taehyung, deliver the next order!" Jimin yelled from the back. I yelled back an okay and made the order. One coffee and one tea. I glanced at all the customers enjoying themselves. I love the sound of people having their conversations. It makes me feel warm and not lonely. I finished the order and walked out to deliver.

I nodded once I saw the location. I'm not a big fan of deliveries because people don't give many tips. Also, the weather is not always perfect. It's very cold today. I drove to the big building and parked in front. I stepped out with the drinks and shivered a little by the coldness. I walked inside the building, but it didn't take long until a lady grabbed the drinks from me with a quick thank you.

I watched her walk back to a man walking out of the elevator. My heart dropped once I saw his face. My face started heating up. The lady handed Jungkook the tea and the woman beside him the coffee. Yui, the model known for being the number one's best looking. I haven't seen Jungkook in years. He's changed. I didn't know he had such a job.

I didn't realize I'd been standing there for a while until we made eye contact. I panicked and quickly walked out of the building. I got in the car and drove back to the cafe.

We're ex's. We've dated for four years and ended on a bad note. We haven't seen each other for almost five years. My heart is still pounding. I held my chest to calm myself down. He looks like he's with that model. I should stop thinking about this. It's been years. He has to forget about me already.

——

I told myself to stop thinking, but I couldn't. I set my hands on the counter and stared at it for a while. "Taehyung! Do the last delivery please!" Jimin yelled. I yelled back and finished up the order. I looked at the location and felt my anxiety immediately go up. I hesitated to go in the car while forgetting about the coldness. I took a deep breath and told myself to get it over with.

"Mr. Jeon wants you to go up," the lady said. Mr. Jeon. Go up? Please no. Why? I hesitantly walked into the elevator and clicked the highest floor. I gulped and prepared myself. I just need to hand him the drinks and leave. I walked out of the elevator once I arrived and headed towards Jungkook's office. I gulped once again and stood in front of the door. I clenched the drink carrier and finally knocked.

Everything went blank. I was too scared to move. I was still clenching the drink carrier. I couldn't control my anxiety now. The door slowly opened and revealed Jungkook in an all-black suit. "I said come in," he said. I snapped out and almost dropped the drinks. Jungkook caught them and looked back at me. "I was right," he said.

I wanted to sink into the floor right then and there. I never wanted to see him again. I finally forgot about him, but he has to appear. "Come in," he said. "I-I have to leave," I said and was about to walk away. "Don't" he said. I looked at him and let out a sigh. I walked towards his desk and held my hands together. I didn't want to look at him. I looked down at my hands to avoid eye contact.

I heard him stand up from his chair and walk towards me. I started panicking more. "You're trembling," he said while standing in front of me. "You're not even wearing a proper jacket for this weather" he continued. I ignored him once again.

He stood in front of me with his hand in his pocket while drinking his tea with the other hand. I can feel his eyes on me. "It's been a long time," he said. "You're still pretty" my face heated up at the word. I stood there quietly, hoping that this will end soon. He set his tea down and walked closer to me. I immediately backed away. He continued coming closer to me until I fell back into a chair.

My breath was shaky from nervousness. I glanced at his face and noticed the scar on his cheek. The time I scratched him by a slap. I felt guilty but told myself not to. A cheater deserves it. He touched my cheek, which made me notice the ring on his finger. "You're engaged?" I said without thinking. He stared at me for a minute and finally stepped away from me. He leaned against his desk and started playing with the ring on his finger.

"Yes, I am. To Yui," he said while smiling at me. My heart felt heavy a little, but I told myself to stop once again. It was hard for me to get over Jungkook. He was my first everything.

Why am I still here? Why am I even here? Is he here to humiliate me since he has a higher job than me? I stood up and was about to walk out of the office. "Should I take it off?" He said. I faced him, telling him to stop joking around with me. I felt angry and upset. "This engagement was by force though. It means nothing to me."

"Why are you telling me?" I asked. He took the ring off and walked towards me. I stood there, waiting for an answer. I wasn't nervous or scared anymore. I was too angry at the thought of him humiliating me. "We've dated for four years. You think I'm going to forget about you?" He said while putting his hand on my cheek again. I slapped his hand away, feeling disgusted.

"You cheated," I said. His smirk fell off his face. He sighed and stood up straight. "I have no excuse for that." The memories started flooding in. Jungkook coming home tipsy with hickeys on his neck and chest. Me packing while he tried to stop me. I still remember the amount of missed calls I would get from him. I've spent the past years hating him.

"I've been looking for you though. I miss you," he said. I miss you. This makes me even more angry and upset. I've had so much mixed emotions for the past years, I've finally got over it. I was finally starting to be happy. "I want us back together" He looked at me with an upset look. I made sure not to fall for it. "Why should we? I know you'll cheat again. You're also the CEO of this building while I work at a cafe. Won't you be embarrassed by me?"

"I don't care where you work, I want us together again. I've made a huge mistake and been dealing with the guilt ever since" I can't do this. I'm finally happy after years. He was about to say something else but was cut off. "Jungkook?" A girl said outside the door. "Your fiancée is here," I said lowly. I walked towards the door and opened it. I bowed to Yui, who had a surprised expression, and walked out of the office. I hope this is the last time I see him.