Therapy (m)

Jungkook's POV

I watched the boy fidget in the chair. I looked back at the clipboard with his basic information on it. "How are you Taehyung?" I asked. He glanced at me and quickly looked back at his hands. "I-I'm fine," he said lowly. I nodded by his response. "What brings you here?" I said while setting the clipboard down. He sat there silently for a moment. It's going to be hard to get through him. I can tell he was very nervous. "T-This was a mistake," he said.

"Taehyung, if you're not ready for this then you can come back any time, I'll always listen to you," I said. I analyzed him from his beanie down to his black pants. "You'll listen to me?" He asked. "Of course I will," he sat there silently once again. He let out a sigh and finally looked at me. I smiled at him feeling satisfied with the progress so far. "Nobody really listens to me," he said.

I watched him play with his fingers. "People don't really like me," he said sadly. "Why do you think that?", I asked. He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe I look weird? Or my voice is weird?" I disagreed with all of that. He looked like a normal kid. His voice was deeper than others I've heard, but that's his charm.

"There's something else that happens a lot," he said while avoiding my eyes. "My dad hit me yesterday, but it didn't hurt as much as the other day," he pulled his sleeve up and showed me the purple bruises. He's much more comfortable now. I let him continue talking. "I've never felt love or affection before..I'm sure you have," he said with a small smile. "I mean you're good looking, you must have someone interested in you," I laughed a little at his words.

"I'm happy that you're listening to me," he said. "Well I am your therapist," I replied. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. He looked at me sadly and nodded. He got up from the chair and headed towards the door. "I don't have anything else to say..I'll come back another time," he said and left.

I let out a deep sigh and stared at the seat he sat in. I wasn't acting right. Why didn't I ask any more questions? I leaned back into the chair. He seemed very nervous at the beginning but got comfortable soon. Listening to him talk made me stay quiet for some reason. I looked back at the clipboard. Kim Taehyung, eighteen, an only child. Abusive dad huh?

-

It's been almost two weeks since I last saw Taehyung. I gave him my card the other time and told him to call me if something happens. He finally did and said he was going to come today. I waited for the door to open. I don't know why I'm feeling so anxious for him to come back. I tapped on the clipboard over and over again.

The door finally opened and revealed Taehyung in a dark gray hoody. I stopped tapping the clipboard once he walked in. He sat on the chair and avoided my eyes like last time. "How are you feeling Taehyung?" I asked. He looked at me with teary eyes. My chest felt heavy for a minute. "I-I'm scared," he said. His hands were shaking.

"What happened?" I said while putting the clipboard down. He wiped his tears and took deep breaths to calm down. He unzipped a little bit of his sweater and showed me more bruises on his chest. I was shocked at how bad the bruises looked. "How did this-" he immediately zipped his sweater back up. "My dad thought I moved his cigarettes," what a dumb reason to beat up their kid.

I got up from my seat to get a pen. I needed to write all this down to report it. I turned back around and was met with a tight hug. "T-Taehyung," I stuttered. Over these two weeks. I couldn't stop thinking about him. Just the way he talks and the way he moves caught my attention. I tried my best to not think of him that way.