Smart mouth Consequences

My brothers left me sitting at that table, all by myself, with nothing to do, for 45 minutes. And the whole time, I could see them all out there, drinking, enjoying themselves. I saw Damon chain-smoking. I felt that familiar fear in the pit of my belly as I saw him light cigarette after cigarette, but it was a manageable fear, not the crippling panic I'd had the first day I'd arrived when I saw his cigarette in his mouth. He was far enough away, and I knew him well enough now, to know that I was safe.

I saw them refill their glasses. I saw them talking seriously. Making plans. Laughing. And I was excluded from all of it.

Finally, the door opened and Damon came in. He stood on the other side of the table to me, leaned right down across it, getting right up close to me, pressed his hands together on the table in front of me and looked at me scarily.

"Do you have an explanation for your disrespectful behavior earlier?" he asked me coldly.

I quickly shook my head. "N...no s..sir," I stammered. All my bravado from earlier had deserted me, to be replaced with fear.

"You don't have to call me sir," Damon reminded me. "I know it's a fear response for you, but you don't need to be afraid of me. I'm your brother, Carrie. I will never abuse you."

"But you're going to hurt me," I pointed out.

"I am going to spank you, yes. But I will never abuse you. You already know this, Carrie. We've been over it before."

"Okay." I nodded.

He kept his intimidating stance, but his voice softened. "I'm sorry I scared you earlier. If you're still too frightened, we can do this later, after dinner. Or I can get Alex to do it."

"No." I shook my head. "I was rude to you; I'll take the punishment from you."

Besides, I knew what I was getting with Damon. With Alex, I didn't really have any idea. Damon was restrained when spanking me, but the ten smacks Alex had given me yesterday had been brutally hard. Now that Damon had calmed down, I knew he would be fair. Stern, but fair. With Alex, I still wasn't sure.

"Okay." Damon seemed pleased with my response. "If you have an explanation for your disrespect, I want to hear it."

I choked back a sob. The reality of what I had done was hitting me fully now, and anxiety lodged itself firmly in the pit of my stomach, tying my insides up in knots.

"No. I don't have one. I'm really, really sorry I said it, I was just angry."

Damon frowned, and straightened up. "Hmmm. That's what I thought." He stretched out his hand to me, taking hold of my wrist. "Come on then, let's get your discipline taken care of."

"Do we have to?" I whined, not moving.

Damon gave me a tug. "Yes we do, Carrie. I think you know that. You know what the rules are in this household, and you know what happens when you break them."

I took a single step towards him and then I stopped again, pouting sadly. "But I'm still sore from yesterday!" I complained.

"And clearly you weren't spanked hard enough yesterday to learn your lesson."

I gulped. This did not sound good. In fact, it sounded bad. Very bad. Very, very bad.

"I was!" I insisted, but all that Damon did was raise one dark eyebrow and tug me firmly along behind him.

Okay, so maybe I did yell at Damon after Alex spanked me for yelling yesterday, but that didn't mean anything. Or maybe it did! Maybe it meant that spanking me wasn't a very effective method of punishment and they should give it up? I stopped walking, proud of my brainwave, and looked at Damon, pleased with myself. He stopped walking and turned to look at me expectantly.