Farewell

If you hadn't guessed, that was the last chapter of Carrie's story of her life with her mafia brothers. When I first started writing it, I was at a pretty low point in my life and had lost all my writing mojo - which is a huge problem when you're a professional writer and it's how you pay your bills! Writing this story, and gathering such a huge readership, gave me back my love for writing, and was also a lot of fun. I have cherished every single one of you, especially the readers who have been with me from the very beginning and have interacted positively with me.

When I first started writing this story, I had no idea it would continue on for a couple of years, with more than 120 chapters, gaining almost TWO MILLION views!!! OMG!!! And have almost 11,000 loyal readers. I can't even express how much that means to me, that so many of you have loved this story which started as nothing but a tiny gem of an idea that I thought would fizzle out after 20k words or so. Instead, it's taken me on this incredible journey, and I'm so immensely grateful for you all, and for the way you loved this story.

This story will remain here on Wattpad free for you all to read again and again, as long as Wattpad allows it. As well, I will get it professionally edited, a cover designed, and formatted for publication on Amazon and possibly elsewhere so anyone who wants to buy a copy to keep can do so. It will be available in both paperback and ebook format so keep an eye out!

I have no idea what will happen to Darla Layne in the future. I'm currently launching a new pen name for sweet romance, and that will take time, but if you want to keep up with me, and read everything else I write under this name, please find me on Patreon (link in bio, or go to Patreon and search Darla Layne). I have multiple other books there, and if I eventually write a sequel to this book, it will likely be there. I will also do occasional bonus scenes featuring Carrie and her brothers, because they have been a part of my life for so long and I can't leave them behind.

Thank you all so much for loving this story as much as I do :)