Recovering

"Of course you're crazy," Rocco said, as he put me down on the couch and then sat down beside me. "You're a Bogiatto. We're all a bit crazy."

"I'm not," Logan declared as he sat down on the other side of me. "I'm perfectly sane."

"Pfffft." I snorted. "You keep telling yourself that, brother."

Rocco laughed and gave me a high-five while Logan glared at both of us.

"You definitely need to be chucked in the pool," Logan growled.

"You're not allowed to chuck me in the pool today, Alex said," I reminded him. Then I smirked. "Besides, Rocco will protect me," I told Logan smugly.

I snuggled in closer to Rocco and he put his arm around me, making me feel safe.

"What are we watching?" Rocco asked, picking up the remote and flicking through the channels.

We settled on one of the Fast and Furious movies. I'd never seen it before, and both Rocco and Logan wanted to watch it, and I didn't really care. As long as they both stayed with me and didn't leave me alone, I didn't much care what we did.

Before long Jack came home and joined us, and I cuddled up next to him, instead. I wasn't paying very much attention to the movie, my mind was still all over the place. I was still afraid, even with my big brothers there, even with Jack's strong arms around me so protectively.

Logan didn't seem to want to be alone, either. He seemed to be more subdued than he normally was, and once I moved to sit with Jack, he scooted over closer to Rocco on the couch.

Nobody said anything. We all just continued watching the movie in silence, me sitting pretty much on top of Jack with his arm around me.

The presence of my brothers was reassuring and comforting and after a while, I started to relax.

"How are you getting on, Sweetheart? You starting to feel a bit safer now?" Jack asked softly, his voice low so as not to disturb the boys watching the movie.

I nodded. "I think so."

Jack squeezed me and kissed my forehead tenderly. "That's good. But you just take all the time you need, okay? I'm not going anywhere today, I can hold you for as long as you need."

"Don't you have important Mafia business to attend to?" I asked, because I was pretty sure that's where the rest of my brothers had gone.

"Our other brothers are taking care of that. You don't need to worry."

I leaned back against Jack contentedly as a small smile spread across my face. As long as I was with Jack, everything was all right with my world. Jack always made everything okay.

My mind drifted as we watched the movie. It wasn't boring, it just wasn't really my favorite kind of movie. And I was distracted anyway, the events of last night were whirling through my head and all the emotions that went with that were playing out in my head, too. I couldn't keep focused on any one thing for any amount of time.

But I waited until the closing credits came up on the screen before I mumbled: "How come Damon doesn't like yelling?"

Logan snorted. "You mean why is he completely anal about it and won't tolerate it at all?"

Despite myself, I grinned, just a little bit. I'm pretty sure Jack did too, and so did Rocco, although it was obvious he was trying to hide it.

"Well, yeah," I admitted. "I was just trying to word it nicer."

Jack hesitated for a moment and I wasn't sure that he was going to answer, but then he took a deep breath and I knew he was.

"Our father was a very violent, aggressive, intimidating man," Jack said. "He yelled a lot."