Jack Spanks

We all gathered around the screen to watch. I didn't want to, but there was a part of me that couldn't look away.

There was no audio, but it was obvious what was happening. It was clear that I was yelling at him. There was no mistaking the first time I hit Logan, or that he flinched. Inwardly, I was a bit proud. I made him flinch! My big, strong brother!

Damon's frown got deeper as the footage kept playing. There's me punching him, slapping him again. Logan slapping my leg and telling me off.

I swallow hard. This really wasn't good. In fact, it was about as far from good as it was possible to get.

Slowly, Damon closed his laptop lid and turned to me. So did Jack, and he was furious. He hid it well, but I could still tell. I wanted to inch closer to Logan for protection, but I didn't think he would want me near him. Not now.

"You handled that pretty well," Damon told Logan. "I'm proud of you. Only next time, and there better not be a next time -" he growled at me, "don't smack her quite so hard. And tell me, or Jack or Alex, straight away. That kind of behavior needs to be followed up on."

"I'm not a nark," Logan said.

"I'm not asking you to nark, I'm giving you a direct order," Damon growled.

Logan nodded and glared at me. "Okay," he agreed.

Damon turned to me. "And you little lady, have earned yourself a spanking. Come with me."

My stomach lurched.

And then Jack intervened.

"Actually brother, I think I need to be the one to do this. It was me she came to, trying to get Logan in trouble. He wouldn't take her into the left wing and she got annoyed." He glared at me. "We're going to have a discussion about that, too. I've obviously been too soft, and she thinks she has me wrapped around her little finger."

Logan snorted, but quickly turned it into a badly-disguised cough. Both Jack and Damon glared at him and he apologized. "Sorry," he mumbled. "But she kinda does."

Jack reached for my hand, the one that he hadn't slapped, and pulled me down off my stool.

"What happened to your hand?" Damon asked. "It's all red."

Embarrassed, I looked down, avoiding my brothers' eyes. I'm pretty sure my face blushed as red as the back of my hand. Maybe even redder.

"That's what she got for trying to punch me," Jack said.

"You need to learn to control your temper," Damon scolded.

"And how am I going to do that when all I've ever known is abuse and neglect?" I snapped at him.

"We will teach you," he assured me. "We'll start by getting you a few punching bags and putting them throughout the house. When you get angry, you can hit them instead of your brothers. I've already ordered you one for your room, but I'll get some more."

"This is hard for me," I said, my voice broken, barely above a whisper. "Nobody cared about my behavior before. Nobody cared about me at all."

"Well you know things have changed now, sweetheart," Jack said. His voice was so kind that I nearly lost it, and burst into tears. Only by sheer willpower did I manage to stop myself from breaking down.

"I know," I whispered.

"Come on," Jack said. "Let's go and deal with your behavior."

"Way to go, sis, four spankings in three days. I hope you don't like to sit!" Logan grinned stupidly at me.