- Twenty Nine

Adisyn Kay Wise

The most quietest walk I've had in a long time. Actually, let me rephrase that — The most quietest walk I've had with someone besides me.

We decided to walk to the nearest coffee shop since we don't want to do much driving. It's a quiet walk I must admit but it's nothing neither of us aren't used to. He's silent and I'm silent and the only noise is the birds chirping and our thoughts... Even our thoughts are silent.

He opens the door to the coffee shop and I enter walking over to the register that seems to be empty. There's only three visible workers, one of them walks up to us. "Hi, what can I get for you today?"

"May I get an iced vanilla latte with oatmilk and sweet foam in medium please,"

This guy comes up behind the lady "Iza, can you—" His voice stops when he sees me, I smile politely at him "Iza can you take over for me behind? The line is pretty long today and I need to go pick up my sister."

The girl nods "Yeah of course! Can you finish up with them?"

The guy nods "Yeah of course." I smile at him and he smiles back before looking down at the register "Okay so medium iced vanilla latte with sweet foam and oat milk?" I nod "Would that be all?" I look over at Reed and he nods?

I'm surprised he doesn't want anything, the only thing throughout the walk that he said was 'I really need coffee today' and that was it? Why doesn't he want anything?

Reed is about to pull out his card when the guy says "It's on me,"

"Are you sure?"

He nods "Yeah,"

"Thank you," I smile at him and he smiles back before heading to make the coffee.

We wait about two to five minutes before I go grab my coffee, Reed takes the receipt and looks at it. His face in pure disgust.

His expression was that one expression he made when he found out about the guy during the club. When he found out I lied about the guy and while he was punching the guy. The same face he made when he met Ezra. That pure disgust and unforgettable face that I haven't been able to get out of my mind because of how much it reminds me of him.

He looks at it with his fingers holding it before crumbling it up so slowly but so effortlessly and throwing it in the trash on our way out.

"What did it say?"

He rolls his eyes "Nothing important,"

"Well if you crumbled it up then—"

"Just drink your coffee." My brows furrow from his change of attitude within a couple of minutes. I continue to look at him so he stops to look back "Now what."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing,"

"With the way you're acting, something must be wrong." This time he lets me finish my sentence but rather then arguing back he stays quiet. His jaw clenching as I hold onto my coffee.

We start to walk again and my heart suddenly stops. It feels like I got that sense that he's not okay?

"Reed?"