- Thirty

Adisyn Kay Wise

I'm sitting in my office and I'm looking through all of my mail.

I take a bite of the bagel I have sitting besides me with a cup of coffee and I can hear small chattering and the rain hitting the glass window.

I pass by an orange folder? It's one of those orange envelopes? I look at the little sticker and read the label 'Subject; Submission for this years fashion designer' my heart skips a beat or two and I almost choke on the bagel I was eating.

I take the folder and rip it open with my heart skipping some beats.

I stop.

I don't rip it open and I stare at the folder... I'm supposed to open this alongside Reed with a glass of champagne waiting for us. We're supposed to find out how well this goes for us. . .

I gulp and I debate if I should open it or not.

I look at the front door and back to the envelope, I look back and forth debating whether if I should go to Reed to tell him.

Reed wanted to know and he's the reason why I'm even getting this envelope. No matter what happens Reed was alongside with me and I made him a promise. I promised him something— No!

He doesn't get to live this moment with me.

He ditched me. He broke me. He made me go on an Uber after kissing me over and over and telling me all these things that I fell for. He made me go on that stupid Uber and didn't even tell me goodbye! He didn't give a fuck.

Reed Auclair is a fucking man whore.

He made me go on that stupid Uber and left me crying. He made me feel like a fucking slut.

I tear the envelope open.

Dear Adisyn Kay Wise, congratulations, after viewing your work we have decided to offer you a spot—

"HOLY FUCK! OH MY GOD!" I scream so loudly the whole room goes silent and I realize I'm not home and I'm not allowed to scream out of no where.

I scream once again though and I jump out of my desk and I begin to jump up and down with my heart beating. The paper flying up and down as I try to calm myself down but all I can do is continue jumping from excitement. My heart is racing out of my chest and my entire body gets filled with serotonin.

I'm sure I look like a little girl who just got the toy she wanted on a Christmas morning.

My door gets opened widely "What's wrong?" Ana bursts in asking worried for me and I run up to her and hug her. I give her a kiss on the side of her cheeks and she begins laughing. "What's wrong?"

"Ana... I-I got a accepted." She looks at me uo and down and snatches the paper from my hands and smiles junking up and down alongside with me.

When I least expect it half the staff is jumping up and down with me.There's people hugging me and congratulating me, there's people with the biggest smiles and the loudest laughter as they hug me and hug each other.

They all rush to hug me and congratulate me and wish me luck. They all tell me how proud they are of me and how I'm going to make it big. They all tell me these things that light up my world.

For those minutes I forget everything... I forget everything. Even Reed.

"I'm going to make you an amazing dinner tonight, so take the day off." Ana kisses my cheek and hugs me really hardly

"You gotta go and tell Ezra and Jade, I'll take over for you alright?" Ivy hugs me and kisses my cheek.

"I'm so proud of you Adisyn, I seriously cannot wait to see how much more you do, I love you so much." She says with both of our eyes being flooded with tears as we hug each other.