27| 𝗁𝗈𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗀𝖾

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:

HOSTAGE

Hours had gone by since the group had found Myles injured in the woods

Hours had gone by since the group had found Myles injured in the woods. Monty was still nowhere to be seen. They had made a stretcher and gotten him back to camp where he could be found laying in the dropship. Night was still up, the sky dark instead of it's usual brightness and practically everyone at camp could be seen working, some holding rifles as they kept watch near the walls. Raven and Jasper could be seen building the landmines with the gunpowder Jasper had made for their weapons and landmines that Raven was able to create.

Y/n stood near Octavia, her brother currently nowhere to be seen. She guessed he was in the dropship. The two best friends were building the foxholes, hearing the occasional voice of Bellamy calling out to the teenagers in camp as he stood around with a rifle. Y/n caught sight of Raven and Bellamy speaking to one another, standing in front of each other and she couldn't help but frown a bit.

Of course, Raven's words still stuck in her head. They didn't do anything. He was hesitant the entire time, because of his feelings for her. Bellamy Blake kissed her, not even thinking about Raven Reyes. Y/n wanted to forgive Bellamy, but she wasn't sure how. She believed Raven's words, explaining how he was fully clothed when she walked into his tent while Raven was only in her underwear. She wasn't sure what to say to him at the moment, but she knew it wasn't the time to talk about feelings.

They were going to war with the grounders. That was more important.

A loud gunshot rang through air, snapping the girl out of her thoughts while everyone in the camp froze, looking to the source of the sound. A boy was leaning against a tree just a few feet away from Octavia and Y/n, his eyes blinking open and shut as he seemed to have woken up from a nap he was having, hence the gunshot.

"Hey!" Bellamy shouts, stomping up towards him. "What the hell's the matter with you?"

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." The boy tells him, apologizing.

Bellamy grips his collar, shaking him roughly. "We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bell, you're scaring people." Octavia intervenes, speaking up.

"They should be scared!" Bellamy yells, letting go of the boy. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you wanna be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!"

After his outburst, everyone obeys his orders and gets back to work, not wanting to be killed by the grounders. Y/n looks over at Bellamy who glanced in her direction, their eyes making contact with each other. The Blake's face softened, thinking back to what he had done to her as she stared at him with a frown.