27| 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:

CONTAINMENT BREACH

The vents in Mount Weather were dark as the couple could be seen crawling inside, the guard uniforms they had stolen still wrapped around their bodies

The vents in Mount Weather were dark as the couple could be seen crawling inside, the guard uniforms they had stolen still wrapped around their bodies. The loud fans were loud as the smell of metal was the only scent that could be smelled in their nostrils. The occasional sound of Raven's voice could be heard through the earbuds as the Reyes girl and Clarke told them where to go.

The vents were very tight, practically squishing the couple inside and Y/n found herself trying to keep control as she hated small spaces. She couldn't help but remember when their room was being checked on in the Ark when she was younger and she hid behind the pallet they had, covering the wall she hid in and she had grew to hate being in tight spaces where she could hardly move. Luckily, she had her brother with her to comfort her every time. As the couple stop at an intersection, Bellamy informed their friends they were at a spot.

"Y/n, Bellamy, we think you guys close. The lab should be up ahead." Clarke's voice informs.

"Any chance you can be more specific?" Bellamy asks as they glanced at the many different ways they could go.

After hearing a loud drill sound echo through their eardrums, Bellamy glances over his shoulder at his girlfriend since she was behind him and they shared a look before they were headed in that direction, telling their friends they got it. The drill sound got louder until Bellamy quietly brought his feet down to a larger part of the vent, helping Y/n down even if she didn't need it and they peaked through the vent, watching as a unmoving body laid on a table, a doctor, who happened to be Dr. Tsing, standing by the body's side, no doubt being the one with the drill.

They watched as she held a needle, most likely getting some blood from the body before heading over to a man on the other side of the room, another man standing beside him who happened to be president Wallace's son, Cage Wallace.

"You ready for the last treatment you'll ever need, Lieutenant?" Dr. Tsing questions.

The man nods, pulling at the collar of his shirt. "You have no idea. I've waited my whole life to breathe fresh air."

"Let's get back to this secret army that she claims to have. She tell you anything that might help us find it?" Cage asks just as another doctor turns on the drill. "Stop drilling, please."

"The window for extraction after death is incredibly short." Dr. Tsing tells them.

"I only need a minute." Cage replies.

The man shakes his head. "No, sir. Nothing about the army. She did say she was coming for you and that if we let her people go she'll let our people live."

The couple shared a glance, Y/n even gulping as it was no doubt they were talking about Clarke.

"It's a little late for that." Cage reminds.