2| 𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗅𝖾𝖽 𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗍

CHAPTER TWO:

FAILED ATTEMPT

Clinks of glasses, plates, bowls, forks, spoons, knives and many other utensils could be heard throughout Mount Weather as the teenagers from the camp, along with adults, sat by tables, eagerly eating the food they had been able to grab from the b...

Clinks of glasses, plates, bowls, forks, spoons, knives and many other utensils could be heard throughout Mount Weather as the teenagers from the camp, along with adults, sat by tables, eagerly eating the food they had been able to grab from the buffet. Everyone's chatters were happy as they spoke to one another, glad they were finally somewhere safe. For now, at least. On the tables, roses laid in vases, silverware being neatly placed beside the plates and bowls as the tables had been set up when Monty, Jasper and Y/n reunited with Clarke.

The said blonde and the Murphy girl had spoken to one another about the map. Both leaders were suspicious of the place and wanted out. To them, this place was too good to be true. There were no exits on the map they had. Currently, the girls found themselves venturing towards Jasper and Monty who both had stood up from the table, playing with each other as Monty had tried to pretend to get around Jasper but he'd do the same. They only stopped when Jasper caught sight of the girls, Clarke sitting beside Jasper while Y/n sat beside Monty.

"Sit down and pretend you're happy to see us." Clarke instructs.

"We are happy to see you guys." Monty states with slight confusion, then holding out his plate for them. "You guys have to try the chocolate cake."

"Oh, it is so on." Jasper whispers.

"We're not eating their food." Y/n tells them.

The two boys quiet down at her words as they glance at one another. The two leaders share a look before Clarke opens up the booklet Keenan had given her earlier, opening it up and revealing the map, causing the boys to look as they followed to where her finger was pointing.

"Look. They gave us a map with no exits. I need you to tell me and Y/n everything you've seen." Clarke informs.

"Every room, every hallway, every way out." Y/n lists off, Clarke nodding to each one.

"Way out?" Jasper repeats, scoffing a bit. "Look around you, guys. There's no one hunting us here. First time in our lives we're not hungry. Why would we wanna leave?"

"Because we have friends out there who need our help." Clarke reminds.

"They're looking for survivors, and they're way better equipped to find them than we are." Monty points out.

Y/n shakes her head. "This place is too good to be true."

"You're both bumming me out. I'm gonna get more cake." Jasper informs, forcing a smile onto his face.

The two girls frown as they watch him walk to where the cake was. However, he eventually sat himself in front of a girl when she seemed to have offered her cake to him. Clarke looks back at Y/n, giving her a look before she rose to her feet, venturing over with the binder in her hand. The blonde spoke to the girl who was speaking to Jasper as she placed the binder down on the table.