7| 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝗂𝗌

CHAPTER SEVEN:

HEADING TO POLIS

It was still bright outside as the sun shined down on the civilians, the buzzes of the insects flying by and the chirps of crickets and birds being heard all around, adding to the sound of a vehicle engine being heard as it drove along the dirt ro...

It was still bright outside as the sun shined down on the civilians, the buzzes of the insects flying by and the chirps of crickets and birds being heard all around, adding to the sound of a vehicle engine being heard as it drove along the dirt road that had been created from the many vehicles that had drove on it, the large and tall trees all around, creating the many forests on the planet as the years had gone by since the trees had grown before and even after the bombs that happened on earth.

The sun seemed to want to stay outside from it's hiding spot for the day, the peaks of the light shining through the branches and leaves of the trees as the stuff on the trees covered the bright light from people inside the forest. Just a bit outside of Polis, one rover could be seen parked in it's spot just when another one comes up from behind, being parked a few feet away before the group inside all hopped out, keeping their eyes peeled for any sight of the Ice Nation.

Echo was the only one who seemed to not have a weapon, since it had been taken out of her grip by one of the men that had caught her and were bringing her to Mount Weather. While Y/n, Bellamy and Pike had their guns in their hands, close to the trigger in case of anything, Octavia kept her hand close to her sword that was sheathed on her back, no one in the group liking the silence after they had slammed the car doors shut as their eyes looked around, seeing no one in sight.

"Where are the guards?" Bellamy asks, tone full of curiosity. "Protocol would be to leave someone behind."

Slowly, the group had been making their way forward and closer to the parked rover a bit in front of them as Echo stayed back a bit, walking just a bit slower. On her side, Octavia was the closest to the front of the vehicle as she soon turned to look in the opened window, seeing two guards of Arkadia sitting inside, blood laying all over their their throats, revealing the slashes that had been dented into their skin as they laid lifeless in the rover.

"They did." Octavia points out.

Almost right after she said that, she unsheathed her sword from her back as she glanced around. Y/n ventured towards the front, her finger moving close to the trigger in case of anything while Bellamy followed behind her, Pike behind him until their eyes saw the lifeless guards sitting in the seats. While the Blake siblings and Y/n were looking around for any danger, Pike's eyes instantly went to Echo, who had been standing in silence with no weapon in her hand and clenching his jaw in anger, he marched right over to her.

"This was your people." Pike accuses.

"Screw you!" Echo replies in Trig.

"Hey, she warned us." Octavia reminds. "This proves she was telling the truth."

"We don't have time for this. The attack is at sundown." Y/n recalls.

Octavia sighs, looking to Echo. "I'm not leaving my blade here."