Chapter 7: The Funeral

Jonathan's POV:
The aura of the room was tense. Behind the man in the cat mask was two others; one was a female and the other was a man with a tube sock over his head.

"What the fuck is going on Brock?! Who's Nanners? Moo?" I questioned keeping my guard up.

"He is Nanners," Brock informed pointing at cat guy," And I'm Moo Snuckle, Moo for short."

"The hell... Wha-?"

"Code names, Jonathan. They're code names. Just like Silent Droidd," 'Driodd' cleared up my confusion.

It was stupid of me to not think of that. They were in a gang for fuck sakes. After all, no one in their right minds would name their kid Silent Driodd... Well, unless it was a silent droid.

"Wait, so all of you have code names?" I asked.

"Yes sir-e!" Craig exclaimed," If you were wondering, mine's MiniLadd."

"I wasn't," I deadpanned making everyone chuckle slightly. With the slight shake of his head, 'MiniLadd' rolled his eyes at me.

My attention landed on the other two people I had yet to find out who they were. The two seemed to acknowledge my stare and formally introduced themselves.

"I'm four0seven," the woman spoke in a surprisingly deep voice.

"And I'm Ohmwrecker, but everyone calls me Ohm." The tube man spoke, shaking my hand.

After the introductions were made, everyone sat down on the couches. There was still a bit of tension in the air, but most of it had cleared up.

"Do I get a code name?" I asked the lingering question on my mind.

"Sure, what's it gonna be?" Droidd asked all eyes on me.

I just shrugged my shoulders. What type of name do you give an 'ex'-convict?

"We'll think of one shortly, it'll be Jon for now," Silent Driodd informed me.

With the nod of my head, I focused my attention on the recently turned on TV. It was on a Canadian new channel.

"In recent news, we have been informed the infamous Evan Fong, murder of his family, has recently committed suicide..."

My breathe hitched; the world came crashing down on me. I could barely hear anything and my vision was blurry from tears. I had no idea what was going; all I heard was the faint call of my name.

I forced my vision to clear up and my hearing went back to normal. I realized that the room was now dead silent, all eyes on me. Mini was right in front of me; he had a look of concern on his face. His eyes were watery but he refused to cry. He was tough, unlike me who had tears streaming down my face.

"I-I have to g-go," I stuttered tanning passed Mini to get to the door.

"Jonathan! Wait!" Craig called out. His footsteps right behind me but before he could exit the door, I slammed it in his face. It gave me a few seconds to dash to the elevator and make my escape. Mini came running down the hallway right when the doors were closing. He stuck his hand out trying to make it in time but was unsuccessful. As soon as the doors closed, I heard his body bang against the other side.

"Jonathan!" Mini screamed banging on the door," Don't you dare leave! He wouldn't want you to be this way."

Tears welled up in my eyes, again. He was right but I didn't care. All I cared about was my lover, who was now dead.

Sark's POV:
The sun was covered by the clouds. It was a windy and gloomy day. The weather seemed suitable for a funeral, even if it was fake.

Prisoners, including Tyler and Brian, and guards huddled close together for warmth as the preacher talked about Evan. Everyone's face was stone hard, especially Tyler's. Brian's had a little bit of sadness, but for all the wrong reasons.

As the preacher was saying his final words, I got a phone call. It was from my good buddy, Jordan Maron.

"Is the funeral almost over?" He asked as soon as I answered the call.

"Yes," I whispered as I separated from the crowd. "I would head down here with all the supplies if I were you."

"On my way," he spoke ending the call.

Jordan Maron, a very successful lawyer with a shady background, asked to come help me dig up Evan's grave whenever he heard about what was going on from his fiancé, Tom Syndicate. I graciously accepted his offer; I needed all the help I could get.

Once I got myself situated back into the crowd, I realized they were finally lowering the basket into the ground. Everyone started to disperse from the scene. The prisoners were forced into a bus that would take them back to the prison and the officers drove off in their cars.

I, on the other hand, lingered around the grave. I waited for the workers to finish the grave, which actually didn't take that long. The grave workers left making me the last person here.

Evan's tombstone pretty shady. 'Evan Fong, beloved son and friend' was what is said. It made me chuckle darkly thinking about it. Everyone and their grandmothers knew that he wasn't accepted by his parents. That's why everyone knew who he was. Just as everyone was starting to believe that he didn't do it, that he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, the media started to come up with bullshit lies. They said things about how he was a savage that killed his parents because of blood-lust. They said that he had a 'motive' to kill his parents so "obviously", he had done it. Of course, the government went with the media and hauled him off to prison with a life sentence.

The sun was barely over the horizon making it hard to see shadows and such but I knew there was a presence behind me. Someone clasped my should tightly and shoved a shovel in my hand. "You ready?" a somewhat deep voice asked me from behind, Jordan. I nodded my hand and began digging the grave up with the help of Jordan.

Sweat was dripping down my forehead by the time we finally reached something solid. The basket case was pretty crappy. It was a flimsy wooden one that would no doubt break in less than twenty years. The dent we made from the shovels in it won't help it last that long either. It really didn't matter though; no one was going to occupy it anytime soon.

Jordan heaved the heavy lid open and we came face to face with a 'dead' Evan. Since Jordan was the stronger one out of us, he climbed down into the casket and lifted Evan's body up to me. I dragged Evan onto the ground and helped Jordan out of the dug up grave. We closed the lid and began shoveling the dirt back into its rightful place, the ground.

We drug Evan to my car and strapped him in the back seat. "Have a fun night," I smirked at Jordan causing him to blush. While I headed off to my house, Jordan drove his own car back to his lover boy. It was around midnight whenever I got home and I was forced to bring in Evan all by myself.

Evan was finally situated in my guest bedroom after a horrible time dragging him up the stairs. I sat on the bed beside Evan catching my breath. I looked over at him wonder when he would wake up; if he woke up. As for now, it was a waiting game.
-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-
A.N.~ SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! I haven't really been using Wattpad for the past week but I will try and update more regularly. I have no idea how this works now because of the mobile update so please bare with me :/ but as always, I hope you love the chapter!