Chapter 13: Badder Than Expected

Evan's POV:

I stood in the middle of Craig's apartment astonished at how easily he shrugged last night off. How could he talk about something so intimate so nonchalantly? Did he even realize that he touched my dick? Is this normal for him? Seriously, what the fuck?!

A vibration from my pocket pulled me out of my trance. It was a text message from Craig. 'Toonz isn't here, I'd go check up on Jonathan right about now if you haven't.'

Shit, I didn't realize how long I was in la-la land. I must have been in the trance for a good ten minutes.

"Fuck," I muttered to myself, grabbing my car keys and rushing out the apartment door. Almost tripping over my feet, I finally reached my car.

The familiar streets of Los Santos blurred past as I sped to Jonathan's apartment complex. Pedestrians stopped and stared as I swerved past them. Cops just turned the other cheek; they knew they couldn't catch me and they were too lazy to try.

After what felt like an hour, which was actually about five minutes, I arrived at Jon's apartment. Parking a block away, I turned off my car and looked through the junk in it. Under the red jacket that Sark gave me, was a owl mask. I took it and shoved it on for identity reasons.

Seeing as Jonathan wasn't waiting outside for "anyone", I automatically assumed the both of them were in his apartment.

I walked into the building as coolly as I could (which wasn't easy considering I had a mask on) and silently made my way to the front desk.

"Hello?" I casually asked the desk lady.

"How may I help you?" She asked in a snobbish voice, not even looking up from her computer.

"Do you know what apartment a 'Jonathan' might have?" I questioned politely, I began tapping my foot impatiently. I didn't have anytime to fuck around.

"I'm sorry but I can't talk about personal information; it's the rules... Sorry," she informed me.

"Come on, can't I be an exception?" I asked, trying to seduce her with my muscular arms.

She admired them for a brief second before rushing out a quick, "No."

By now I was getting desperate and slightly agitated. Sighing, I ruffled through my wallet before slamming down a 100 dollar bill on the countertop. "What about now?!"

"Oh..." She muttered out astonished, "okay."
--
'OUT OF ORDER' was plastered across the elevators doors. Groaning, I looked to my left, coming face-to-face with the door to the stairwell. I pushed the door open and rushed up the stairs looking for the 4th floor.

I bent over in exhaustion before exiting the stairwell and entering the hallway to the 4th floor. Once I regained my breath, I skimmed the apartment numbers looking for one in particular.

I stopped in front of the apartment door labeled 7D. I pressed my ear up against the door in hopes to hear the movement of people but was let down. Not giving up quiet yet, I dug through my pants pockets looking for something to pick the lock. In my front left pocket, I found a paper clip.

Manipulating it, I stuck it into the keyhole and began to pick the lock. After a couple of attempts, I heard a soft click and the door slightly opened.

I pushed it open and peeked in the apartment. The nicely furnished kitchen and living room were devoid of people, so I tip-toed a crossed the wooden floor and made my way down a set of stairs.

It was almost completely dark except for a dim light coming from what seemed like the bathroom. I froze for a second and let my eyes adjust to the sudden light change before peeking around the corner.