Chapter 20: The Burial

Nanner's POV:

I looked in my rearview mirror; surely enough, Mr. Military Man was in hot pursuit. In the distance, I could even make out a figure flying up in the sky.

The sun started to set, colors like purple, orange and yellow danced across the semi-cool sand. What a wonderful time to blow someone into bits...

"No civilians are in the area; the coast is clear," Ohm informed, breaking the silence. I nodded before veering off into the desert.

"Is he still following?" I questioned, my eyes too focused on driving to look in the rearview mirror.

"Yes."

I sped up, leaving Toonz in the dust. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Ohm turn on his phone. Little 'ticks' were heard as he effortlessly typed up a text, probably to Droidd or 407.

"He's catching up," Ohm muttered, worried. With that, I pushed the throttle the furthest it could go. We jolted backward from the sudden speed change.

"What about now?" I cockily asked.

"Fuck you, but we're good for now," Ohm chuckled. "407 should be firing the missile any second now."

407's POV:

"Everything is in position," Droidd spoke through the headset.

Hearing that, I turned on the missile launching system. Just like Iron Man's helmet, a screen popped up on the eye part of my headset. It showed the area below the chopper, and had a green square in the center continuously locking on to objects. I grabbed onto the joystick in front of me and maneuvered it, the green square moving wherever the joystick did.

Locking onto my target, Toonz's car, I pressed down on the red button located on the top of the joystick. Within seconds, an explosion appeared on my screen. Sighing in satisfaction, I turned off the missile launching system.

I gave Droidd a thumbs up and with that, he turned the helicopter around to head back. I looked out the window, the flames from the wreckage visible. I watched it flicker and burn until we were out of sight.

"Job well done!" Droidd exclaimed through the headset, giving me a quick thumbs up.

While planning this, we all agreed to meet up at Toonz's house so we could all help and see Brock. So, it wasn't a surprise for me whenever we landed in the mansion's front yard.

Getting out of the loud machine, I noticed Nanners and Ohm pull in the driveway.

"Great aim 407!" Nanners exclaimed once he got out of his car. He pulled me into a rib-crushing hug. Letting go, he backed a few steps away before examining the area. "Where's Mini and them?"

I looked around just like Nanners, only to find no one.

"Maybe they are with Moo?" Ohm questioned walking to the backyard. We all followed in pursuit, curious as to what was going on.

We stopped in front of what appeared to be the cellar doors. The doors were locked, Mini and Evan were no where to be seen.

"Hey," Droidd spoke up, grabbing everyone's attention. "That shed door is open." His back faced us, and he was pointing to the corner of the backyard. Getting a better look, there was, in fact, a small, compact shed with it's single door opened wide.

With Droidd leading the way, we made our way over to the shed.

"I don't think this is a shed..." Nanner's muttered, looking into the shed. Looking in, I noticed that instead of having tools and shit like a normal shed, it had a staircase leading to another opened door.