Chapter 19: Too Late

Craig's POV:

"If it's about Brock, Evan already told us about him," Droidd exclaimed. "We're in, no doubt about it." I nodded before sitting down.

"Well, I don't know where Brock is, but I have a feeling he is actually at Luke Toonz, his captor's, house," I explained. "I had scoped out his house while he was off with Jonathan and found a secret room in his cellar. I didn't have enough time to look for any other hidden rooms in the cellar because I still needed to look in his house. I found nothing in his house, which leads me to believe that Brock is mostly likely hidden deep in that cellar." They all nodded, signaling for me to go on.

"My plan? I want this to happen when Toonz is at his house; It'll be easier. Nanners and Ohm, I want you to lure him away from his property while Droidd and 407 are up in the sky watching him. Lure him to the desert and when you're sure no one is there, I would like Droidd or 407 to take him out with a missile. So, that means you'll need either a buzzard or a military jet. Be careful when you're acquiring it though, we don't need the cops on our tail. As for Evan and I? We'll scope the place out in search for Brock. If everything goes well, Toonz will be dead and we'll have Brock in our care."

"How exactly are we supposed to 'lure him away'?" Nanners asked, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"However your heart desires, just make sure it works."

"What about Jonathan?" Evan asked.

"He'll be fine without one day of human contact. After today, everything will be back to normal. Sure, Johnny will ask some questions, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing we can't handle."

"When is this going down?" Droidd asked, seemingly okay with the plan.

"Tonight. I'm done with his bullshit."

---

"Are you sure he's home?" I asked Droidd, who was supposably hovering over Toonz's house in his buzzard.

"Affirmative," Droidd responded milliseconds later, his voice slightly muffled by the sound of the helicopter's propellers. "A car's sitting in front of the house."

"Okay then, let's get this show on the road," I replied, hanging up the phone afterwards. After sending a brief text Nanners way, I leaned my head on the steering wheel of my car.

Evan sat right beside me, his eyes glued to his phone. He was playing a hardcore level of Geometry Dash.

I observed him as he played, watching his eyebrows scrunch up in concentration. I had nothing better to do, so, I watched as I waited for Nanners to signal the okay.

Nanner's POV:

With a spring in my step, I walked up to Luke's front door. Knocking on the door, I stepped back waiting for him to answer. While waiting, I smoothened out my tux I decided to wear for this 'special occasion'. The door opened, directing my attention away from my attire. With a bright smile on my face, I began my 'heartfelt' speech.

"Hello sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Jes--"

I was brought to an abrupt stop by the slamming of the door. Sighing, I knocked again, only to be ignored.

I pounded my fists on the door in hopes of some sort of reaction. The door opened the slightest bit, making me smile in victory.

"I'm an atheist, go away!" The man shouted. He attempted to slam the door shut again, but I wedged my foot in between the door and its frame; thus, keeping the door open.

"It was a joke," I said, prying the door open all the way. "Something you obviously don't understand." I walked inside the mansion-like house, my confidence flowing through the roof.