Chapter 3: Questions In The Air

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

*The following day. At Boston Institute of Social Sciences*

-Jaemin's POV-

Renjun and I; arrived early in the morning, even before our lessons began. It was necessary to seize any opportunity to approach the students and ask about the rumor. Renjun helped me write the answers and resume the investigation; however, we also studied the teachers. It is essential to understand and acknowledge their schedule throughout the day and see any oddities with their behavior. Fortunately, we recovered more data than we anticipated, and all the students we interviewed seemed very interested in helping us out with any piece of information.

Currently, Renjun is doing the last interview. In the meantime, I'm organizing the information inside the small notebook where all the case research got written. Now, I feel more confident than ever, and I dare to say that the rumor is indeed true.

-Thank you! – I heard Renjun's voice, causing me to look his way. He bowed at the two girls he interviewed before walking towards me. -Ready! – Renjun smiled my way with the notes between his hands, and shortly, he gave them to me.

-Did you find something interesting? – I asked before placing Renjun's papers inside the notebook.

-Well, those girls were from Jay's faculty and said that they heard that the rumor has some veracity. – Renjun pointed out, causing me to frown slightly.

-Why's that? – I questioned.

-The girls said there had been other rumors saying that some professors had issues with their superiors. – Renjun explained. Immediately, I opened the notebook and reviewed Renjun's interview, shortly finding the answers of those girls.

-And this rumor circulated everywhere? – I asked, which Renjun nodded for in response. Suddenly, the bell rang, and the students began going to their classrooms. I looked at Renjun, who immediately smiled at me. Shortly, he held my hand, helping me stand up from the floor. Then, he surrounded my shoulders with his arm and gave me comfort; after all, he noticed my discomfort just now.

-Jaemin, don't worry! We will finish this case; we barely started, so don't lose hope. – Renjun told me, which I nodded for in response, shortly smiling at him.

We began walking to our classroom; it wasn't far away, so we got there within seconds. However, we entered, and a group of guys talking captured our attention. I overheard their conversation and noticed that they mentioned Jeno and the mystery inside our faculty. I tried to ignore them. But at this stage of the investigation, I can't neglect any information.