Chapter 29: Stand By; Investigation On Hold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

JAEMIN

Mark told me to stay steady and prevent trouble; he advised me to focus on the current case instead of thinking about 'The Idealists' and their sudden return. However, I couldn't do what he asked. Immediately, I came up with a hypothesis after analyzing everything I knew.

While writing on my notepad, I felt determined to discover The Idealists' scheme. Whether it was about me or not, this organization must go down before anyone else gets hurt.

"Detective Anderson called," Jeno's voice vanished from my thoughts, and eventually, my attention shifted to him.

"And what did he say?" I asked while closing my notepad.

"The police captured Larsen," Jeno revealed.

"Jeno, I must go," I was alerted and frazzled, knowing it was a chance in a lifetime. I thought about 'The Idealists' and how Professor Larsen could shed my doubts regarding their plan, KF's target, and future gigs.

"Jaemin, I don't know. Larsen is dangerous," Jeno was apprehensive and looked at me, unsure.

"I agree with you, but I must go," I insisted.

"Why? Why do you want to go?" Jeno asked, confused.

"I—I need to ask Professor Larsen about the information he took. It is crucial to know that," I stuttered between words, knowing it wasn't the right time to explain my theory to Jeno. After all, I perceived he would tell me to prove it with evidence I still don't have.

Jeno sighed and looked at me, uncertain of his decision. He glanced at his watch and returned to me; he patted my shoulder before walking past me, indicating me to follow him. I was relieved by my lover's choice and eagerly left with him.

The road from the condominium to the police station was silent; Jeno didn't ask about Professor Larsen and focused on the street and traffic lights. I heard him sighing a few times, but he didn't do much more. I bit my nails while watching the car park; I was anxious since we left.

Eventually, we met with Detective Anderson's team, and his partner guided us to where he was. Immediately, he took us to his office and asked Jeno and I to wait. We thanked him and stayed alone again. I wanted to speak to Jeno—explain what was on my mind to make my decision coherent in his head; however, Detective Anderson opened the door before any word came from my mouth.

"You two will get in trouble if your superiors know you came here," Detective Anderson pointed out while closing the door behind him.

"Sir, I must talk to Professor Larsen," I ignored the detective's warning and spoke my mind.