Chapter 14: Acting With Heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

LEE JENO

Jaemin is next to me as I end my call with Haechan. I gave him a brief explanation of what happened with Fletcher and Jaemin before canceling today's meeting with the team. – I decided that the best thing for Jaemin was to return home and rest. Hence, I'm guiding him to the entrance gate, still holding his hand as we walk. Oddly, he hasn't shed a tear or said a word either. Perhaps he's still shocked after experiencing such a traumatic event.

-Jaemin, let me take you to your dormitory. – I said after pressing his hand gently, trying to capture his attention. Fortunately, it worked, and Jaemin looked back at me.

Jaemin hummed and nodded.

—Are you okay? – I asked after seeing Jaemin's response.

—Yes. And thank you – Jaemin merely said before releasing a subtle smile.

—Alright. Here, let me help you – I said before taking his backpack off his shoulder and placing it on mine. Shortly, I patted his back and guided him to my car.

Moments later.

After taking Jaemin to his condominium, I realized he lived near my building. It surprised me and made me feel better knowing he wasn't far from my home. Somehow, I enjoyed learning where to find him whenever he needed me. Or I may need him.

Jaemin is opening the entrance door, shortly allowing me to enter before him. I thanked him before we took our shoes off and walked further into the place. Jaemin closed the door and took a deep breath. Finally, I saw some stress coming out of him. Yet, I deduced it wasn't everything he had endured.

-Stay as much time as you want. I don't mind. – Jaemin soullessly said before taking my jacket off, shortly placing it on the entrance hangers.

-Thanks, Jaemin. – I answered before walking to him, observing every move he made.

Jaemin went inside the restroom and took out a first aid kit. Immediately, I thought that perhaps Fletcher hurt him, yet that wasn't the case. Jaemin took out a gauze and a small cuticle pusher and started cleaning underneath his nails.

"Did he scratch Fletcher to defend himself?" I thought.

I looked at Jaemin, confused, attempting to decipher what he was doing.

-I tried to fight back, and at least I got something useful from our encounter. – Jaemin merely said before taking another deep breath, shortly placing the residue inside a test tube. He placed the lid on it before closing the box and taking it back to its place.