Chapter 22: Booming Danger

Subtle changes in the writing form

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

NA JAEMIN

Jeno drove to my condominium and entered my flat to keep me company. Immediately, I showered since I felt nasty after my encounter with Chance. Fortunately, I didn't have to overthink since Jeno explained what he found at the exploded apartment. It was a miracle he could bring more evidence to the case, and according to my knowledge, what Jeno discovered may be a piece of information that Henry Tanner and Professor Larsen didn't want us to get before them.

After taking a much-needed shower, Jeno handed me the pen drive that I immediately inserted on my laptop. In the meantime, Jeno dried my hair with the hairdryer and a towel. His touch calmed me, allowing my focus to remain on the files within the device; I opened them one by one, seeking the alleged vital information from the suspects. Shockingly, the documents contained the transactions made between two accounts, one having the name of Henry Tanner and the other belonging to Cayson Larsen.

"Jeno, look at this," I spoke while showing the laptop to Jeno. Immediately, he leaned closer and saw the bank account documents.

"Of course. This information was what Professor Larsen wanted Henry Tanner to recover from the apartment," Jeno realized, to which I nodded in approval. "I must tell Layne," he took out his phone and took pictures of the files before sending them to his friend. I continued reviewing the information, and after further reading, I realized that the money was coming from a third account, but I couldn't recognize the name.

I rested my back against Jeno's legs behind me before pulling his sleeve. Immediately, he placed the towel on my shoulders and leaned closer. "The account has a pseudonym," I pointed at the screen where the name was.

"BANKXZ. What would it stand for?" Jeno questioned.

"I don't know, but according to this sheet, this account is the information buyer," I explained before Jeno's phone buzzed. He picked it up and smiled.

"Layne says we hit the jackpot," Jeno said before showing me the message.

"I guess we did. Still, we need the name of the ghost account," I pointed out.

"Perhaps Julia can help us with that. I'll let her know," Jeno said and soon typed on his phone.

"You must check all the files; you may use this information at the court," I thoughtfully murmured before pulling my notepad closer to me and instantly began writing the crucial details of the file.

I heard Jeno snicker. "Jaemin, leave that part to me. Go to rest."

"No. I want to see if I find something useful for you," I insisted while analyzing the files. I closed and opened screen windows until an Excel book appeared on my radar. Immediately, I clicked on it and saw a chart with income numbers.