Chapter 20: Not Alone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts: Boston Institute of Social Sciences.

NA JAEMIN

It's been a few days since we gathered enough evidence to act against Professor Larsen and Henry Tanner. Yet, we still haven't deduced their motives for selling and distributing confidential information about the institute. All the team members are looking into it except me. Jeno still reports every update in the investigation; nevertheless, I don't frequently attend all the meetings. And I'm okay with that; I chose it that way. – After thinking for a while, I realized it was time to assess Chance and get him away from me as fast as possible. I still feel unsure whether I should only file a restraining order or say everything he did to me. It is vital to seek truth through countless tests and investigations for other's well-being in this work field. However, in my case, it is only about myself and nobody else. Thus, thinking about Chance as a friend—and not a criminal is unpreventable.

I came to the library to reflect on my subsequent move. Now that I'm not very involved with the institute's case—I have time to organize my thoughts and infer an opinion. Yet, as I continued writing in my notebook, I sensed someone staring at me. Immediately, I glanced at every corner until I saw Jeno staring at me from an aisle close to my position. Eventually, we looked at each other, causing him to close the book he had in hand and approach me.

—Are you busy? – Jeno asked before sitting beside me.

—Not really. Why? – I asked while closing my notebook.

—I wanted to inform you that the information you recovered from the first apartment got unlocked, – Jeno disclosed. His statement caused my eyes to widen.

—What was in there? – I asked, intrigued.

—The institute's latest stolen information. Thanks to Julia and you, we got more evidence against our suspect, - Jeno explained, but when he mentioned that girl, I frowned.

—Julia?

—Oh! Julia Fraser, she's a student from the Political Science faculty. She's a colleague—a friend of mine, – Jeno clarified.

—Right, – I merely said before sighing.

—Are you alright? I see you are spacing out lately, – Jeno questioned while looking at me, troubled.

—Yes. There's something I must tell you, – I anxiously said before glancing back at Jeno. I scratched the back of my head before speaking—. I want to file a lawsuit against Chance.

Jeno was baffled after hearing my statement; however, a subtle smile soon appeared on his face—. I'm proud you want to do the right thing. But you seem skeptical about it, – He noticed, to which I nodded in response.