Chapter 4: Challenges & Inquiries

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

At the condominium.

-Jeno's POV-

After having an exhausting day filled with work, Haechan and I; decided to go back to my unit. I wanted to rest, but Haechan wanted to keep talking about something that happened at the institute; therefore, I offered him my house to have a conversation. He accepted since he enjoys where I live: it's a neat place, after all. Likewise, he believes that my parents give me everything since they are well-known lawyers.

Currently, I'm sitting down on the couch in the living area, shortly resting my neck while moving it in circles. Haechan sat on the loveseat before looking at me eagerly. I didn't know why he stared at me, yet, I ignored his sudden attitude.

-Hey, hyung! We have to talk! – Haechan said while looking at me with the same expression on his face. He seems to be somewhat excited.

-What is it? You wanted to speak about something since we were at the institute. – I questioned, already regretting asking about his sudden eagerness.

-Have you heard the rumor surrounding the criminology faculty? – Haechan curiously asked.

-The leak of information, wasn't it? – I questioned, to which Haechan nodded in response.

-Well, some students claim that the rumor makes sense. Therefore, they seek advice from you; they want us to solve the mystery. – Haechan mentioned. Immediately, I looked at him in disbelief, slightly upset by his request.

-Haechan, teachers loaded us with assignments and paperwork. How could we possibly accept such a petition from others? Let alone it isn't our faculty's problem. – I questioned in defense, not agreeing with my partner at all.

-Listen to me first. Aish! – Haechan complained, causing me to take a deep breath. Then, I stood still, crossed my arms, and heard my friend. -Thank you! As I was saying, the students believe in the veracity of said rumor. Think about it. The criminology faculty isn't the only affected department; the entire institute may face its consequences. This problem involves the entire university. – Haechan explained, shortly capturing my attention after hearing him out.

-Alright. Let's say that someone is indeed leaking the institute's information. Now, why hasn't someone acted against this situation? – I questioned, intrigued.

-Well, some students noticed a well-known pair asking about the rumor. It appears both are investing time to know about the mystery. – Haechan pointed out while smiling mischievously.

-Who are they? – I asked.

-None other than Na Jaemin and Huang Renjun from the criminology faculty. – Haechan revealed, his words causing me to frown.