Chapter 10: Not Official

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

Later the same day.

NA JAEMIN

After a tiring workday, Renjun and I decided to gather with the investigation team. It was my idea, regardless of the latest events with Jeno. I gave Renjun a glimpse of what occurred; however, I didn't go into full detail. Unfortunately, I didn't feel better after the last lessons; hence, telling Renjun about the kisses with Jeno didn't sit right with me.

Currently, we are walking toward the Law faculty's library. Renjun is reviewing the evidence in my phone files while giving his opinion regarding the mysterious student. Yet, even though I intently listen to him, my face remains dull and my eyes puffy.

—Jaemin, do you agree? – Renjun asked, causing me to glance at him.

—Yes. I think you should tell the team when we see them – I suggested Renjun. He only nodded before patting my shoulder.

—After what happened with Jeno, do you still want to move forward with the case? We can always do it ourselves – Renjun worriedly questioned.

—Renjun, having another clever couple helping us will make everything better. So, for the case's sake, I'll move forward with the current team – I assured Renjun before smiling subtly—. I'll be better, don't worry.

—You always find a way to keep yourself motivated, so I'm not worried about that. Yet, it would be better if taken the day off after what occurred. It's the first time in years I see you so beat up—emotionally talking – Renjun pointed out, concerned, before stroking my back.

—I'll be okay – I repeated myself before taking a deep breath.

We continued to walk through the hallway until we stopped upon hearing loud noises. I frowned upon hearing loud chattering. It seems like a quarrel is happening nearby. Yet, I continued to walk beside Renjun and tried to follow the noise. Surprisingly, the trail matched the library's direction; hence, we hurried our pace to see what was happening.

"What the hell?" I thought, shocked.

I looked before me and saw Jeno arguing with Chance. Haechan is in the middle, trying to stop both from hitting each other. Immediately, Renjun and I ran to their spot, and without a second thought, I stood between both men.

—Stop it! – I said while pushing Chance away from Jeno—. What's your problem? Both of you! – I demanded answers from each side.

—I don't know! Jeno sought this fight! – Chance claimed, causing Jeno to smirk and scoff at his words.