Chapter 12: Shutting You Out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

Days later. - Boston Institute of Social Sciences.

NA JAEMIN

Both teams executed the plans without struggles. It was easy to get inside the system and control room. And apparently, Haechan and Jeno didn't have any problems sneaking inside the professor's office. We found some intriguing leads; however, we decided to gather the team and discuss our findings and the next part of the investigation.

Also, last week many things went down in my personal life. Jeno and Chance continuously disturbed my thoughts. Hence, my emotions weren't helping me at all. – I feared having a low score in my grades due to my absence from several works. Fortunately, that wasn't the case; I passed without issues, regardless of a couple of points—I missed. Renjun assisted me with anything, so I owe my success to him. – I tried to keep myself away from Jeno as much as possible; I only saw him when we gathered for the investigation but didn't speak with him about anything else. I thought it would help me, and it has—but not as much as I wanted.

Currently, the team is inside the law faculty's 'common room,' reviewing the latest news around the academy. According to our superiors, the culprit has got located, but I'm not convinced. After all, it isn't a simple case; this person knows how to cover its trace.

—Why do you think our superiors lied about their investigation? – Alice asked, confused.

—I don't know; perhaps they want everyone to stay calm. You know. They may not want to alarm the students – Renjun suggested before taking a deep breath—. Stress. That's what they are trying to avoid.

—You may be right. After all, the students must stay focused on their projects. The institute values those since they are very important for the institute's prestige – Haechan mentioned before taking out some papers from his binder.

—What are these? – I asked, confused.

—The information we got from Larsen's office – Jeno answered before spreading the papers across the coffee table. Immediately, Alice looked at them and widened her eyes.

—Jaemin, this address is the same one you found inside the control room – Alice pointed out, causing me to frown. Shortly, I took my phone out and placed it on the table with the address picture on the screen.

—You are right – I said while glancing at both addresses. Then, I looked at Alice—. We must visit that place and see what's in it.

—Indeed, but remember what I told you? This address is from a condominium near the academy; many students live there – Alice spoke before I retrieved my phone and started to think about the current situation.