Chapter 16: Still Unsure

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

Moments later—. At Jaemin's condominium.

LEE JENO

After reviewing the gathered information, I was pleasantly surprised; it was more data than I imagined. At last, I found myself enjoying the investigation process. It may be because of the new lead or because I finally saw Jaemin relax. – We found some clues and new inquiries within the case before calling the team over. Everyone showed up a few minutes after making the call, and right after, we began deducing the next moves. – Throughout the meeting, I tried to focus on the main topic: Larsen and his ally. However, my heart continued to bother me; I couldn't leave my worries for Jaemin behind. He looks okay since he has been discussing the investigation's progress; nevertheless, it's very apparent how he's holding back his emotions.

The team already knows everything we saw; we showed them the photos and the evidence inside the visited room, and it appears everyone understands where the investigation is going. We must risk more to get ahead of the game.

—We already have the warrant to enter the room you just visited. So, you won't have to worry about the legal side – Haechan mentioned before looking at Alice—. Do you want to tell them what we found?

Renjun nodded before motioning for Alice to speak—. Today Renjun and Haechan visited the 'System and control room' again. And they found something curious.

—This note was inside the desk's drawer – Renjun took out a small plastic bag before placing it on the table. It has a message inside that has another address written with a pencil.

—I have the warrant for the address already. According to Renjun's research, it is an office downtown – Haechan explained and pulled out the papers.

—Then, we can go and get more clues – Jaemin thoughtfully said.

—Yes, indeed. But I believe there's a trick to this, guys – Alice pointed out, concerned.

—What are you thinking, Alice? – I asked, intrigued.

—For me, it seems off finding two different addresses in the same place. Both got written down on paper, and we located them within the same week – Alice explained her point of view.

"Maybe Alice is right. It is odd to find so many leads," I thought.

—What do you suggest? We can't risk losing this lead – Jaemin earnestly pointed out.

—Everyone can go; it would be safer if the four of us go together, – Renjun suggested.

—That may work, and while you are away, I can break through the encrypted files Jaemin gave me – Alice mentioned while holding the pen drive in her hand.