Chapter 7: New Goals

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

JENO

Watching Jaemin leave made my blood boil inside. From what I've seen, it's unlikely see Na Jaemin unsettled and expressing uncontrolled emotions. Hence, watching him become angry due to Alice Wright, his supposed friend, angered me too.

-Alice, Alice. How often have I told you to verify your information before making any move? Do you even realize what you've done? – I soberly questioned while placing my hands in my pockets.

-What are you saying? My information is describing facts! – Alice stated before huffing.

-Na Jaemin didn't start the case because of me. He had a hand in the matter before I joined. – I pointed out.

-Yes, but after you got involved—Jaemin had more desire to resolve the case. And undoubtedly, he wants to showcase his abilities to you. – Alice assured me, but I only frowned and began getting confused.

-Why me? – I asked.

-Lee Jeno, you are very clever, but it mesmerizes me how foolish you can be in other subjects outside the law codes. – Alice frustratedly said before shaking her head. -Jaemin has a crush on you. He has always looked up to you and wants to be the best like you are. Sometimes, you must see your surroundings and leave your arrogance aside. – Alice expressed before walking past me. But before she could go, I grabbed her arm and stopped her way.

-Who else knows about Na Jaemin's feelings? – I earnestly asked.

-Most students are aware of it, including people from our faculty. – Alice answered before letting her go. Shortly, she walked away as I stood in silence, reflecting on the current situation.

"Haechan hangs out with a lot of people. I bet he knew about Jaemin's feelings already. But why didn't he tell me?" I thought.

Later the same day.

Hours passed after the confrontation, and I soon became distracted by the last lessons of the day. I didn't tell anybody about my chat with Alice; however, her words remained in my head—the moment she revealed such valuable information. Yet, I continued working on different tasks to keep my head busy with something else. After all, I don't want to think about Na Jaemin repeatedly.

Currently, I'm doing homework at the library with Haechan. While he waits at the table, I seek the books that may help us. – It's good to keep my distance from him. Now, it's less likely for me to ask about Na Jaemin and the secrets he hasn't told me yet.

-Certainly, the best student. But you are doing bold movements that look out of your moral code. – I heard someone say, causing me to look to my side, soon finding Chance approaching my spot.