Chapter 13: Wicked Attraction

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

The following day. At Boston Institute of Social Sciences.

NA JAEMIN

The bell rang a few minutes ago, and instantly the room emptied. Yet, I continued to pack my stuff calmly while Renjun did the same. I didn't have any rush to leave, so while placing my books inside my backpack; I let my thoughts run wild. I entered a trance, feeling how my head lose the sense of time. The tension is slowly consuming me. But I don't know where my stress comes from; what caused it?

—Jaemin – Renjun called my name, causing me to blink my eyes and focus again. Then, I glanced at my friend—. Someone wants to speak with you, – he said before motioning his head toward the entrance. Briefly, I followed his motion and saw Chance standing by the door.

I sighed before taking my backpack and approaching Chance's spot—. Why are you here? – I asked.

—I want to have a conversation with you. I hope you don't mind my audacity, Jaemin – Chance spoke while looking at me, somewhat upset.

—It's okay; let's talk – I told Chance before Renjun approached my side. I looked at him and subtly smiled—. Go to the team's meeting first. I'll catch up after talking with Chance.

—Sure – Renjun nodded before smiling back at me. Shortly, he walked away and left me with Chance.

—Let's go – I told Chance. He nodded before we left the classroom and started to walk, yet I kept my distance from him since I felt uncomfortable.

I held both backpack straps, tightly gripping them as I continued walking beside Chance. Soon, we exited my faculty's building and started following Chance's lead.

—What did you want to say? – I asked.

—Well. It's been a week or so since we last talked, and I feel awful. I know you haven't spoken to me because I quarreled with Jeno, and I wanted to apologize for it – Chance expressed while keeping his eyes on me. I sighed and still looked away from him.

—You must apologize to Jeno, not me. And if I haven't searched for you, it's because I'm busy – I pointed out, hearing a scoff as a response. Hence, I looked at Chance, confused, soon noticing him shaking his head.

—Isn't it because you found out my feeling toward you? – Chance questioned, causing me to avert my gaze in embarrassment. After all, he isn't wrong. I did back away due to his sudden confession.

—Chance. I'm grateful you care about me, but I don't feel the same way. I see you as a good friend – I admitted, shortly looking into his eyes, wanting to be as direct as possible.