1. the newbies

[orientation part 1: season 5, episode 1]*

*.·:·. .·:·.*

Rose closed her eyes out of fear, too afraid to look up. Her life must be over. But nothing ended up attacking her. She opened one of her eyes slowly and breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Oh my god, you're humans," she exclaimed at the group in front of her, climbing to her feet. "Not roaches, oh I thought my life was over. This is the best news I've ever received. I'm so sorry for running into you all."

There were five people standing in front of her, three women and two men. They all looked completely bewildered like they were just in the middle of a conversation that she had interrupted. The girl in the middle clear her throat, she had her hand raised up at Rose. "Who are you?" she asked slowly, backing away from her.

"Oh, sorry, how rude of me," Rose said shaking her head. "I'm Rose Valia, I live here. Well, not here per-say, I don't live with the Roaches-" She looked up and noticed the apprehensive looks on their faces. "Wait, how did you guys get up here?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

The older man spoke up, "We were transported here, we were supposed to be at a diner."

Rose blinked, "Are you on drugs? I mean you have got to be on something, making up random words like that. Diner," she scoffed.

The group looked at her like she was speaking in a different language. "Are you sure she's not the one on drugs? I mean, the people here seem pretty, interesting," a young British woman spoke.

"Me? On drugs?" Rose shook her head vigorously. "Do I look like- whatever, never mind, believe what you want, I guess."

The younger, much taller man walked closer to Rose. "So since you live here, do you know how to get out of here?"

Rose shrugged, "Your guess is as good as mine. I don't spend my free time running away from killer roaches. I'm not even supposed to but on this level. I just started running and ended up here. I was actually looking for my friend before I ran into you all."

"I thought you were running from the roaches?" the woman with the long braid asked.

"I was multitasking," Rose responded simply. She peered down at the ground, seeing something familiar. It was one of the small red flashes that Deke made. "Wait, I know this," she said picking it up hastily. She looked at the door in front of them. "Were you guys gonna go through here?" she asked them.

The older man nodded, "Yes, before you ran into us."

"Perfect, I'll come with," Rose decided. She figured that if she stuck with this group that one, it would be easy for them to fight the roaches. And two, they could possibly help her find Virgil and Deke, who was probably somewhere nearby since he had the flash laid out.