16. obviously? obviously.

you're a doll, you are flawless, but I just can't wait for love to destroy us

[inside voices: season 5, episode 16]
*.·:·. .·:·.*

"I don't see it," Fitz said, staring at Deke through the glass of his cell. "None of you looks like me."

        Rose was sitting in the corner of the interrogation room, trying not to laugh at the interaction before her. "Well, I don't know what to tell you, Grandpappy," Deke retorted. "I guess your daughter found a real man."

        Fitz scowled, "Of all people," he said turning away from the glass to sit down at the table in his cell. "Why couldn't it be Flint? I liked Flint. Or her," he said gesturing to Rose. "Rose is cool."

        "Thanks, Fitz," Rose said awkwardly. She wasn't sure if she should accept his compliment or not, knowing the truth about what happened to him in the Framework. She wasn't sure if she was listening to Fitz or The Doctor.

        "Rosie, I thought you were going to be on my side," Deke said with a small frown.

        Rose shook her head, "All I said was thank you. But I can talk you up if you want me to," she offered. "Fitz, he's not all that bad. He's pretty okay and that's coming from someone who has known him for most of his life. Trust me on this, he's a cool grandson. Not that he's my grandson, that would be a little weird given how I-" she shut her mouth instantly noticing the look that Deke gave her. "Nevermind," she mumbled, her face turning a bright red color.

        "With all due respect, I disagree," Fitz replied sassily.

        "Well, that's a lovely sentiment," Deke said frowning slightly. "That's almost as loving as when you had a robot point a gun to my head," he finished, using his hand to mime the shape of a gun, placing it against the side of his head.

        "I didn't want to hurt anybody," Fitz said slowly.

        Deke shrugged, "It's fine," he said, causing Rose to snap her head toward him. "It's the first move you made that actually made me respect you a little bit. It's my kind of move. And this place," he said gesturing and the room. "80 years from now, I'd survived on moves like that. 'Cause it was kill or be killed. I know Johnson's still mad at me about the whole 'selling her into slavery' thing."